8

Night came and Toby crawled into his bed and fell right asleep. Masky laid down, just thinking. He wished Hoodie was here. Wished he was alive. Masky silently cried.

Masky didn't remember falling asleep but there he was laying on the couch freezing his ass off. The door was wide open.

"What the hell!" Masky rushed over and slammed the door shut. Toby jumped up.

"What happened!" He grabbed his hatchets and looked around cautiously.

"The front door was wide open. I don't know what happened." Masky looked at Toby. "Aren't you freezing?"

Toby put his hatchets down. "Well no. I have CIPA." Masky stared blankly. "I can't feel heat, cold, or pain." Toby shrugged and walked off to check the door.

Masky, being the socially awkward guy he was, didn't know what to say. "Oh... That sucks. What else does it affect?" Toby thought for a second.

"I have to wear these goggles because I might scratch out my eyes without even realizing. I've injured myself pretty badly and haven't even noticed. There was constant bullying. I mean it didn't help that I have a lot of other disorders and diseases. I don't sweat. Also, I used to pee my pants excessively. I have a system now. I just have to remind myself to use the outhouse about an hour after I drink liquid." Toby continued to inspect the door. There seemed to be claw marks.

Masky shoved his hands in his pajama pant pockets and swayed awkwardly.

"Did I overshare? Oops." Toby blushed. Embarrassing himself in front of this rugged man again. "Come over here. Do you see these claw marks?"

Masky walked over and squatted by the door. He's so close. God, I can smell him. Toby thought.

"Just looks like raccoon claws to me." Masky shrugged. "Whatever it was, its gone now."

Toby looked over at Masky. He saw his muscular arms, his thick sideburns, and his kissable lips.

Shit. Toby thought.

"Shit is right." Masky groaned. "It probably got into the food storage."

"You can read my mind!" Toby yelled. He jumped to his feet and Masky followed. This was it. He knew it. Masky was going to leave. No way was this man going to stick around with him and his wandering brain.

"...you said that out loud. You okay Toby?" Masky stepped closer and put the back of his hand against Toby's forehead. "You're kinda hot."

"Kinda!?" Toby was crushed. This mind reading stranger who had sorta become his friend didn't think he was hot enough.

"You have a fever." Masky raised an eyebrow. Toby was unpredictable. Always kept him on his toes and very, very confused.

"Of course that's what I meant. I just can't remember ever having a fever before." Toby stepped back and crossed his arms. Masky rolled his eyes.

"Go lay down. I'll make you breakfast."

An: I didn't keep my word lol. It is currently 12:19 am. Technically Monday where i am. Oops haha

I'm not a doctor. All my information on CIPA is from Wikipedia. If you actually know something about the disorder that I got wrong let me know. I don't want fanlore just the actual CIPA facts please