11

Toby never thought he would be a third wheel. Its a difficult thing to do when you live in the woods by yourself. Then he had met Tim... his only friend. Even thought they had only met a short while ago, Toby would give his life for Tim's in a heartbeat. Maybe it was just the loneliness talking. But then Brian came into the picture. Masky had thrown Toby to the side like an old sock without a pair.

This man is literally back from the dead, maybe give him a break Toby! The rational voice in his head told him. Toby glared at the sickly man in the orange hoodie that sat on his chair. That was where he sat. This stranger didn't deserve to be there. Masky spoon fed him soup with a dumb grin on his face the whole time. Masky never smiles at me like that.

"How did you survive? I thought-i thought you were dead." Tim asked once Brian pushed away the soup.

"That's a good question," He laughed which turned into a coughing fit. "I honestly- I don't know. I just woke up on a plateau. There was like a circle of rocks around me. And a dead.." He looked out the window. "There was a dead deer next to me. I can only assume it was a deer. It looked like someone had torn it to shreds. Tim, did I do that?" Brian's voice quivered.

"Of course it wasn't you! You don't even have a knife on you how could you ravage an animal like that?" Tim said but it wasn't that reassuring. "That's odd though... Do you think its the thing..." 

Toby interjected, "It's quite possible. Did you see the claws on that thing? Could easily tear through meat and bone." He looked quite pleased with himself. The two other men looked up at him. It was almost like they forgot he was there. Brian and Tim made eye contact. They had a whole conversation without speaking a word.

"Toby.. there's something we should tell you about." Tim opened. An hour and 3 bowls of soup later the story was completed. "And that's how we ended up in the Minnesota woods."

You gotta say something Toby! He just opened up his whole life story to you don't say anything dumb.

"Well Fuck."

Blank stares followed suit but that was to be expected. Toby looked down at his hands. How could he mess up this badly.

"So this thing was stalking you. What did it look like? Would it be capable of moving rocks and killing deer and such?" Toby peaked up shyly. Tim shivered.

"I'll explain it," Brian said, "Its this tall thing--like at least eight feet tall with these unnaturally long limbs. It wears a black suit but the worst thing is..." 

"Wait," Toby cut Brian off. "Are you talking about who I think You're talking about? Does this man happen to have a face?" Tim turned to face Toby so quickly he probably got whiplash.

"Toby, do you know that thing? Has he hurt you before?"

Toby was confused. "He would never hurt me. He saved me."

A/N: Wow i actually updated so shocking i know. I hope yall stay cool! have a lit time

Question of the chapter: 

Marble Hornets or Creepypasta?

It's Marble Hornets all the way for me. I like the fandom more even though I'm less active than before. And the characters are just better.. :T