Chapter 3

4th of June,157 days til the election

David P.O.V.

'Hi david, nice meeting you, Denver told me about you, me and my team will be closely guarding you and family during the tour.' He says with a smile.

'Er, good afternoon Mr John.. Johnson, nice meeting you too.' I stutter.

'You can call me Matt, if you want to.'

I immediately recognized him, even though I only met him once.

The likeness between him and his son is stunning.

What are the fucking odds, that exactly this guy gets to be the keeper of my safety for the coming months, almost zero right?

He looks at me with a smile, I am not sure he actually knows what I did to his son. Well I guess it isn't that big of a deal, it's not Denver was liked by much people at school before the incident anyway, but then the incident did not help in that enterprise. And what has he ever done to me?

I will text and ask Jason what he thinks about it, he is a typical guy, not very original in these social things, but as my best friend I value his opinion.

●●●●

As soon as we're at 10 000 feet, all the people on board start a meeting, this group of people is called "The Upper Group" , it includes all major people in mom's campaign team. They will meet throughout the entire campaign tour.

Since there is not a lot to do while in the air I actually join this meeting.

'So, what's the programme for the upcoming few days? My mom asks.

'Well' Gerald responds ' as we land in Chicago we will meet with the mayor and have dinner with him. Tommorow a press conference and a speech for some supporters and then tommorow night we have a flight to Minneapolis.'

'Right, the speech writers are done if I'm correct. How are the TV commercials and the social media accounts?'

This young guy, I assume like something of a media chief, answers her:

'Very good, we just have a request to your son and his brother.' Then he looks at me.

I'm quite surprised, I never actually thought my name would ever be called, when I took a seat here.

'Well here I am, ask me anything ' I respond.

'Well if you wouldn't mind too much, my people and me would like you to take over our social media accounts for a day to show the people how the campaign goes and introduce yourself as the possible first son in the process' He says while looking at me hopefully.

Before I can even respond, Gerald says with a little smile:

'I think that would be a wonderful idea'.

They have obviously discussed this before, but I don't really care, the idea sounds kinda fun. I can't deny I like attention and it doesn't sound too hard for a teen who lives on the Internet like me.

'Yeah, I would totally be up for that, sounds like a lot of fun!' I say excitedly.

I see my mother smiling and Gerald and the social media guy seem very content as well. I see his name on his card, Austin, he seems like a nice guy.

'Sounds like a plan, we will discuss the details later after this meeting!' he says.

I nod, I'm genuinely excited, I get to run some accounts with millions of followers for a day!

The rest of the meeting is quite boring, afterwards Denver's dad walks towards me, clearly intending to have a conversation with me.

I am kinda scared he knows what I've done and will threaten me over it, I feel my shirt clinging to my back as my breath is sky rocketing.

'David, I have been meaning to tell something to you.'

He knows, damn, I'm sure he knows. What to do?

I swallow and decide to play fair 'Look Mr Johnson, I did not at all intend to...'

Before I can finish my sentence he interrupts me:

'My name is Matt. And I have appointed a personal bodyguard for you who will accompany you whenever you are in public. I hope you like her cause you are going to see a lot of her the coming months, I think you will though' he says with a little smirk about the remark at the end.

I am stunned, I thought he was going to confront me about the Denver incident.

'Well thanks, Matt, that will be fine' I respondrelievedly.

Just as he is about to turn around and walk away his words really reach my mind;

'Wait Mr, did you say her?'

He just smirks at me and says:

'I would treat her very nicely, she is good at what she does.'

Then he walks away while I think:

'This might turn out to be even more fun than I expected'

A/N

heey lovelies. Already got 40 reads in under 24 hours, really nice thank you all! Please vote comment and read more! Will be back quickly
X