Chapter 18

Please vote, comment, share, thx!

18th of June,143 days til the election

David P.O.V.

As the sun is throwing its first beams of morning light through the window I look around me.

Jason is still sound asleep in the bed next to mine, I am not sure what to do now.

It's that awkward feeling when you are having a sleepover and you are awake but your friend is not and you're just sitting there like..

I decide to get up anyway, I'm not sleepy anymore and I will have to get up sometime.

As I roam around in my suitcase looking for something to wear, I'm wearing boxers, calm down, I hear some sound of movement coming from behind me.

Jason is awake, small blond peaks of hair stick out under the blanket. I smile, he is really not a morning person. If it were up to him he'd stay in his bed for 6 hours after waking up, but that's not how the world works.

"Good morning Dave" he says with a raspy voice, that sounds like it belongs to someone who has smoked like a industrial chimney for three decades.

I shake my head smilingly, it's gonna take a while for him to be ready both physically and mentally, well I guess yesterday was a long day.

"I'm grabbing a shower, your lazy ass better be out of bed when I return." I say while grabbing a towel and heading for the bathroom door.

I hear a sound coming from his mouth, which I classify as a 'yes'.

●●●●

When I come out of the shower, hair still dripping a bit, I see a completely ready Jason.

He sees my surprised look and says: "I don't like to be predictable."

"Well, good job, I guess." I say smilingly "Let's go down and have some breakfast, I'm starving."

When downstairs we stuff ourselves with food, pancakes with maple syrup, even some sugar cubes, I thought people never eat these things, but Jason showed me that they do, well unless he doesn't count as a human, I might have to investigate whether he is.

I mean seriously, I like food, but he is on just another level. He has always been, but today its not even funny anymore, the waiter had to refill the buffet 2 times! Jesus Christ.

After giving the hotel chef the biggest job ever since that dinner for 400 guests, Jason asks: "So what is the plan for today?"

"Well tonight we're going out, Anna says she found a party we can get in and we will party then. And until then let's see if we can find ourselves a PlayStation?"]

"I don't know who Anna is, but since being with her includes partying, I'm fine with it. Sounds like the best plan ever!" Jason says with a smirk.

●●●●

Rob P.O.V.

Its quite weird waking up to an empty bed beside me. Its not like it's the first time, but I can't seem to get used to it. Marley has been away a lot lately, and I know I'm not the one to complain, she falls asleep dead tired every night, but I do want to complain, like...

I know I should support Marley in this very important moment, I should and I do. But her running should not hold me back from doing something useful, right?