Chapter 9

Please vote, comment, share thx!

7th of June,154 days til the election

David P.O.V

We have quickly found this cute little shop, with a very old lady behind the counter.

'What would you like, young lady and young man?'

Since I love cherrys I decided to go for a cherry milkshake, most of the time it's actually really good. And Anna ofcourse already told me it was the cappuccino she wanted, so I said:

'We'd like a cherry milkshake and a cappuccino, please.'

The old lady nods with a smile, soon her hands, wrinkled by time, start messing with cups and milk. Soon she has our order ready.

'That will be 5 dollars and 6 cents, please.'

When I get out my wallet, I only see a 10 dollar bill. I give it to the cute old lady;

'Here, keep the change.'

She seems quite stunned, which kinda surprises me, after all it's only like 5 dollars.

'Are you sure?' When I nod I see her eyes glinster, 'Thank so you much, God bless you.'

I smile and Anna and me sit down around a little table in the shop to have our drinks.

'So, tell me, what is it like being the possible first son?'

'Not really that special, well ofcourse being on a tour like this is very special and very great as well, but I don't really realize that there is a considerable chance that mom will be the most powerful and important person in the country.'

'Yeah, I can imagine that must be very weird. By the way I don't even know how old you are.'

'I'm 16, how about you?'

'I finished high school 2 years ago, so 20. After that i did the 1 year training to make-up artist. And now I'm in your mother's make up team.'

'Sounds cool!'

There is silence for a second.

'I'm still amazed the old lady was so happy with the 4 dollars.' I say to Anna.

Anna smiles and says:

'It was not about the 4 dollars. She recognized you as your mother's son, did you not see the look of recognition in her eyes? She is happy about the chance that a woman will lead the country for the first time.'

'Ohh, right.' I completely missed that, but I think it's quite cute.

We talk on for quite a while, it was really nice. It's not like I have been away from my friends for long, but it still can be nice to talk to someone of my own age, instead of all these grown-ups all the time. I really had fun, I hope she did too. This might become a regular thing.

After that we went looking for a mall, by the time we found one, we found out we had to head back, because our time was up. We had a great laugh about that, although we were annoyed at first.

●●●●

After we came back from the trip, we arrived at the exact same time as my mom did.

As we're standing in front of the hotel, looking just like some people who want to see what all the security is for, I found out that very very little people actually recognize me, well apart from the lady in the shop, Anna says:

'We should do this more often, I had a lot of fun!'

'Yeah me too!' I say, happy as I am she liked it as well.

After we hug she has to go, the make up section has a meeting about how to get the 'I have been in a bus for 10 hours' -look off faces. I understand that is quite a thing.

When me and mom have met each other in our room and asked about each other's day, we hear a key in the lock. Must be Gerald, he is the only person with a key apart from us.

When he enters, it's indeed him, he says:

'David, Ma'am, the tour bus is Ready to pick us up. So please pack your stuff, we will leave for North Dakota in 15 minutes. '

'Thanks Gerald, we will be there.' My mom says and Gerald nods and leaves.

I immediately get excited, I would love to live in a bus for a couple of days, and now I will get the chance. I really hope it's as fun as I think it is. We soon grab together our bags, we haven't got much stuff anyway. And then we head downstairs. Gerald has already checked all of us out, the campaign team stays in the same hotel.

So we can immediately go outside, where our tour bus is. When i see it, I immediately love it! It has like the American flag on it, but then very cool.

When I get inside, I'm even more hooked. It's very spacious for a bus. I see a  bedroom in the back, with 3 beds. Then I see there are 2 small rooms with each 2 bunks, I immediately claim one of them. The other bunk will be for Jason, when he arrives. Also there is a small kitchen, bathroom and a big living room.

You gotta see these rooms as in a bus though, when I say big I mean not super small like the rest.

This bus is gonna bring us all over the western part of the country, I'm really excited right now, the future is looking good..

A/N

Hope you like it! Please vote, comment and follow! Thank you, God bless you all!
X