Chapter 5

5th of June,156 days til the election

David P.O.V

Never fucking again, never a fucking gain...

That's the only thing I can think of, last night was....

I don't even know how to describe it.

I remember my mom having this enormous rant over me embarrassing her and the risk that some pap made pictures, in the car after we left the city hall.

I don't think I even responded, i did not fully realize what was happening, I guess.

Jeez there is a pounding in my head, when I look next to me, luckily there is no stranger in my bed. Well that's relieving.

When I open my eyes I see some small stripes of light cross the room. They convince me to get up and prepare for a day of spotlights and social media.

Almost forgot, today is the day of the account take over, I have to look respectable, I groan mentally, because looking respectable is gonna be hard considering the state I'm in right now.

When I get up, I immediately fall back in my pillows, my head is all over the place.

I force myself to get back up and take a shower. While I let the cold water touch my skin, I feel the life slowly crawling back to me, slowly but steadily.

●●●●

As I walk into the living room of our penthouse, I see the entire Upper Group collected at the dining table. Gerald is on the phone with someone and everyone around the table is looking at him with concerned faces.

I quickly sit down on a chair, since Austin made clear I was to join, trying to hear something of the conversation, that was going on between Gerald and the woman on the other end.

'I understand that, Ma'am, but this is not to published in any way, shape or form.'

While listening to the response Gerald looked at me with a considerable amount of concern in his eyes. He was moving his brows very fast, which he always does as he is nervous.

'We would be prepared to make a arrangement to prevent this from coming out, Yes.'

Then all of a sudden you see the muscles in the face of Gerald relax, and I can feel the relieve flowing through the room.

'That will be just fine , thank you and have a nice day.' After that Gerald puts his phone down and says to the group:

'They are prepared to delete and never publish the picture if we can arrange an exclusive interview and fotoshoot with you, Ma'am.'

My mom, also clearly relieved, nods. While I feel the attention at the table is pointed at me, I wonder why.

'What's happened, why does everyone look at me? And what picture is to be deleted?' I asked confusedely.

Noone answers. They all look at my mother who eventually says:

'I'm not sure if you noticed, David, considering the state you were in last night, which we will talk about later, but someone took a picture of us when leaving the city hall. Luckily Gerald and the Press department are competent and prevented the pic from publishment.'

I feel the blood rising to my cheeks and coloring them, I bow my head and say in embarrassment:

'Ohw, well thank you Gerald'

'You better do that, young man, I hope you any idea of the harm that picture could have done!' My mom says kind of angrily.

I see that Austin is trying hard not to laugh, now that the situation is under control. He winks at me, and I smile.

The meeting continues for a while, until a question rises up in my head. When there is a small silence I ask Matt Johnson, head of security:

'Matt, when will this new bodyguard you talked about arrive?'

'Well, I'm sorry to say but one of her parents had a heart attack, luckily he survived it and will fully recover. But that does mean she will join the tour a little later than planned, about the time your father and brother arrive.'

'I can certainly understand that' I say with meant sympathy for a girl I never met. And I see the rest of the table nod in agreement.

●●●●

After the meeting finished and I had some breakfast, Austin gave me all the codes and passwords I needed for the social media takeover.

So we are now at this place, where mom will hold some press conference, I will make some backstage pictures, and maybe one of the place where mom will stand during the press conference and stuff.

But let's start out with a selfie to introduce myself. I take a simple mirror selfie, and introduce with the caption:

'Hello everyone, my name is David Adams, your next first son, today I will take over my mother's Instagram account. At the end of the day I will answer some questions, so submit them in the comment section! Have a nice day!'

Not that original, but what you gotta do, and it will do the job perfectly.

●●●●

Just as mom has started the press conference and answers some question about her environmental policy,

'The treaty of Paris is an enormous step forward in the direction of a safe and clean earth for the next generations to enjoy..'

I see the moment and make a selfie from my chair in the back in which you can see mom talking. It shows some of the press people as well and I think it would be perfect to show how these things go.

I post the picture with some caption about press conferences and how many there are.

So far I am quite enjoying this social media thing. I see there are already a lot of questions asked in the comments of the first picture.

Being the curious person I am I immediately check them out. Soon my eye gets drawn to a particular one;

'Do you always treat your friends like Shit?'

I first think that it's just some regular hate of some coward, sitting behind his pc and hating on everything the world has to offer except guns and barbecues, but then I see the username of the guy who posted it.

@ Denverdude99

Ofcourse it's him, fuck, why is he confronting me with it so much, well I guess I deserve it in a way, but still.

I have never really cared about what people think of me, at least I always thought I didn't, but this really gets to me. And the worst thing is I don't even fucking know why!

I should so not care about Denver, he does not deserve my attention, yeah that's right. If I keep telling myself that, it will be allright.

I think.

A/N

Helloo everyone, story is going quite well, thanks to you guys! Got a good amount of reads, so I think you are enjoying it. but not a lot of comments and votes so please do:). It would mean the world to me!

From now on the chapters will be a bit longer to cover some more of the conversations.
X