Chapter 14

Please vote, comment and follow!

9th of June,152 days til the election

David P.O.V

'Hi mom.' I say softly.

She turns her head towards me and Greg.

'Hi boys!'

She makes a move in order to hug us, but she stops in the process; her arm is in a sling. Her face scrunches, she is hurt.

After a second she seems fine, as long as she doesn't move her arm. I guess her shoulder is touched by the bullet.

'I'm so glad you're good, mom.' Greg says as he kisses her on the cheek.

I do the same and look her in the eyes, she is smiling. Although her arm may be hurt, mentally she is not hurt at all.

The fire is still burning in her eyes.

She is strong, as strong as one can be. This ensures me once again in my opinion that she is the most capable woman to lead our nation.

She will be a great president, one with compassion, endurance, resilience.

But back to the present, I say:

'I'm afraid I cannot stay long, mom, my flight for D.C. leaves in 2 hours.'

She looks at me in a strange mix of surprise and pride and says:

'Good, David, good luck.'

Very simple and straight words, big meaning.

'Who are going with you?' Greg says.

'Well the new bodyguard, Kailey, and some others I guess.' I say, I haven't really thought about this.

'Take Anna with you, she will be of good use. And you guys can have some fun after these stressful days.' my mother says with a little smile.

'Yeah, that would be a Good idea.' I say thinking about it.

We probably will have fun. I've deserved that, I feel.

I hope Kailey and Anna get along. Well I hope me and Kailey get along for that matter, I have only seen her briefly since the chaos started a few days ago.

And what a chaos it has been, although everything seems to be allright now.

I am totally not looking forward to the funeral tommorow.

How can I face this man's family, their father and husband is dead while my mother is here almost untouched? How?

I sigh, it's not gonna be easy, but I gotta do it.

You can do it, David, yes you can.

●●●●

10th of June,151 days til the election

'Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you.'