Chapter Four: Party Time

TONI
I had so much fun with Dre last night. We didn't do anything major we just stayed out on the strip most of the night eating food and talking. Later on he took me to the aquarium it was so simple but sweet at the same time. We ended up kissing too! I don't know what came over me last night I just did it. I'm glad I did cause I actually really like him. When I'm with him he literally makes me feel like the only girl in the world and so normal. Yesterday when I was with him I didn't feel like Toni Braxton the world known singer. I just felt like a regular person and I haven't felt like that in a long time.

"Toni! Toni are you okay?" My makeup artist Fran asked waving her hand in front of my face ending my daydream. I'm backstage at the Soul Train Awards right now getting my makeup done. All my sisters are here with me and we're attending the show together. Trina comes walking into the dressing room with a huge smile on her face and some type of drink in her hand. I snatch the cup from her and smell it.

"Trina you're not suppose to be drinking before the show!"

"Jeez Toni quit snatching.. Its only one drink I'll be completely fine."

"You better be."

"But you will not believe who I met out in the hall."

"Who?" Towanda asked

"Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, and their whole crew."

"You late Trina." Tamar sassed

"What you mean?"

"We been met them, if you would start coming around more often instead of being up under GEOB you know that Dre is Toni new boo thang."

"WHAT?!" The rest of the sisters yelled in unison

"Tamar!" I said as I pinched her arm

"Ow! I'm telling mommy"

"You talk too much. I didn't want them to know yet"

"Why not? Why you don't wanna share the fact that you getting some thug lovin?" Tamar said humping the air

"What happened with you and Keri?" Towanda asked confused

"That's why Tamar" I sighed referring to what Towanda just asked me

"Its a long story Umba."

"Well we got time."

"Don't nobody care about no Keri, I wanna know the details about you and Dr. Dre!" Traci said

"Me too!" Trina added

"We're not together guys, we are just friends"

"No y'all not!" Tamar spoke up "Don't lie Toni y'all kicking it. Y'all talk almost every day and you was out with him last night until almost 2 o'clock in the morning."

"How did we miss all this?" Traci asked

"Cause y'all don't be paying attention to me." Tamar said

Someone knocked on the door interrupting the girls conversation

"Tamar you get the door you the closest." Towanda said