Chapter Twelve: Family Smackdown

TONI
I walked into the theatre room to find Dre sitting on the couch "I need to tell you something." I say

"What?" He asks

"It's going to make you hate me," I admit.

"What did you do?"

"Something stupid" I answer

"Like?" he questions sitting up from his recliner, his eyes grow big as he suddenly feels something licking his foot. "What the fuck is that?" He asks not even willing to look down.

"I'll take her back, I just couldn't resist. She was so cute babe. I don't know what I was thinking, but she was free to a good home."

Dre looks down, and finds a fluffy, brown mutt at his feet.

*Dior in the MM*

"You got a dog?" He asks

"Yes and I'm going to find her a home, I promise."

"We're not keeping it" he warns.

"But she's homeless" I say

"You know I don't like animals, especially in my house."

"You let Shonda in the house." I responded as I picked the dog up from Dre's feet

"You know your mouth is terrible" he says

"Come on baby she's got your eyes, she's half pug." I say completely ignoring his statement

"And the other half?"

"I don't know." I say shrugging my shoulders

"Toni no."

"Come on baby pleaseeeee." I beg "Just think about it okay when I get my new house I'll take her with me. She won't even be here long because I found a new house Dre and it's gorgeous—"

"You found a house?" He asked

"Yea what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing that's great I guess."

"Dre tell me what's the matter."

"Let me be real with you aight. I don't want you to leave, a nigga like having you around. I like waking up to you. I like when you here annoying me. And I thought you were happy here too, shit I thought you was happy with me."

"I am happy with you Dre. I like being here but I didn't want to smother you by always being here. I thought you would have wanted some space that's why I found the house. You had a whole other life before I moved in. I didn't want to just come here and take over."

"You not smothering me, trust me if you were I would've been kicked you out. So what if I had a life before you. You apart of my life now. You know how I feel about you Toni." He said grabbing me by my waist and pulling me into him. "Yea I admit we are moving kinda fast I mean we got married after one date." He said making me laugh "even though it was an accident, marrying you was a mistake I ain't in no rush to fix."