Chapter Forty-five: Get Ready to Rumble

TONI
I walked into the house holding my breath. I honestly didn't know what I would be walking into when I got back. I really didn't feel like arguing with Dre about who I choose to have in my personal life.

"Mommmmy!" Nessa screamed hugging my legs

"Hey babygirl did you have fun with daddy today?"

"Mhmm. Let me show you my room!" Nessa dragged me to her room where her and Cori (snoop's daughter) we're playing.

"Auntie Toni!"

"Hey Cori baby what are you doing here?" I asked as she gave me a hug

"My daddy brought me here so I can see my cousin."

"You girls are too cute. Are y'all having fun in Nessa new room?"

"Yes!"

"Daddy let me get a whole bunch of stuff! I love my room!" She said as she plopped onto her huge pink beanbag chair.

"Where is your father?"

"We'll take you to him!"

The girls led me downstairs into the den which was filled with Dre and his boys watching the game.

"I see ain't much change." I said loudly making my presence known.

"Aye waddup sis!" The boys greeted me as I looked around the room. It looked like a man cave. A big screen tv, a pool table, a bar, a smoking room along with some drinks and food.

"Girls come get some food then scram." Snoop said

They both grabbed their pizza and disappeared upstairs. I reached down and grabbed a slice for myself.

"Who said you could have some?" Dre joked

"I ain't think I had to ask."

"Sit next to me."

"I bet you would just love that."

"Girl come here." He pulled my arm almost making me fall in his lap and we shared a laugh as I got comfortable next to him. I could tell he had been drinking but since he was in a good mood I'm just gonna go along with it.

"How long y'all been together?" This guy sitting across from us asked. He must be new to the crew cause I've never seen him

"We not together." Dre stated

"So you single?"

"Why you wanna know?" Dre questioned

"Technically they're together." Cube spoke up

"Cube who is this?" I asked confused and lowkey annoyed that he was asking so many questions

"Oh my fault I'm Abdul. I'm one of the engineers at the label. I'm a big fan of your work by the way."

"Yea thanks. But me and Dre are not together anymore we just coparent."