Chapter Thirty-five: Trouble in Paradise

DRE
"Young! Your bail has been posted." The guard said "Looks like you're free to go DOC." He said with a sly smirk on his face as he unlocked my cell letting me out.

Once I collected my belongings from the police desk I walked out to the front of the police department to see Toni waiting for me. I rather go back to jail honestly cause if looks could kill I'd be dead right now. She stood there with her arms folded staring me down like I was the scum of the Earth.

Reaching out I tried to hug her, but she swiftly stepped out of arms reach.

"DON'T." Was all she said as she moved away from me. I was just tryna lighten the mood and break the tension somehow but I guess she not in the mood.

"Baby I'm—" I couldn't even finish my sentence before she cut me off.

"You don't get to call me that." She said with anger laced in her voice as she placed her sunglasses on her face. "I honestly don't wanna hear anything you have to say Andre. Just get in the car so we can go." She said as she stormed out ahead of me.

I know she's pissed but it wasn't my fault. She hasn't even looked at me since we got in the car, it's been nothing but complete silence.

"Toni Michele?" I called as she continued to ignore me. "You really not gon talk to me the whole way home? I just spent the night in jail and you not even gon ask if I'm good."

As she put on her seatbelt she finally looked over at me. "Romelle please." Was all she said as she rolled her eyes and started the car then pulled off.

I'm pretty sure y'all wondering how I ended up spending the night in jail and how all this has happened. No Suge had nothing to do with this, it was actually my own stupidity and pride that caused this. So let's just start all the way from the beginning shall we.

*Flashback*

"Baby!" I yelled throughout the house

"Yea?" Toni called back

"Where ya cute ass at?"

"I'm in the theatre!" She yelled back

Leaving my closet I grab my two shirts and head downstairs into the theatre "Aight so I need your opinion what shirt you think— what the hell are you doing?"

"Making use of my belly see" she said while balancing a can of pineapple juice on her stomach.

Letting out a small laugh. "You're a nut yo. But tell me which shirt you think I should wear?" I ask her holding up both the shirts

"Where you think you going?"

"To the club." I responded simply

"Forrrrrr?" She asked putting the can down and sitting up. I already knew where she was about to go with this. "Ain't nothing at the club but a whole bunch of hoes who don't respect the fact you got a wife and kid at home."

"Relax babe, I'm not going for no women. You all the woman I need." I said reassuringly. "I'm just going to check out this new rapper over at Xzibit spot."

"But why you wanna leave me here all by myself? I'm gonna be bored." She whined

"Relax brat, I ain't gon be gone long. I'm just gon see him perform and try to get him to sign with me."

"Mhmm that's all you better be doing. I guess you can go. And you should wear the black one. She said reluctantly as she rolled her eyes

Chuckles "I ain't ask for your permission but thanks for letting me go."

"Don't let your smartass mouth get you in trouble."

"Quit acting tough and come here girl." I said grabbing her by her chin and pulling her into a kiss. Breaking the kiss I said "I love you."

"I love you too." She responded

Planting a kiss on her stomach "take care of my baby aight" I said and walked out the room.

At the club–

So I get to club and its jumping right now. My boy Xzibit called me up and asked me to come through. There's this new rapper out who goes by the name, "The Game". I've heard some of his stuff and it's mad dope. I want him to sign with me.

So I'm upstairs in the VIP section just minding my business while I wait for the show to start. X sends one of his guys up to come get me and I move down to the main floor to get a better view ya know. The show is going, the crowd is hype, everything is going completely fine, next thing I know this nigga from the old neighborhood approaching me. We use to have some serious problems back in the day. Still to this day I believe he had something to do with my brother getting killed.

He know I don't like him so I don't even know why he came near me. I heard from my cousin Kevin that he's a pimp now but he still out here dealing. At first I was trying to ignore his bum ass but then he started talking real slick at the mouth and said some disrespectful shit about Toni. All this time I'm trying to keep my composure and I was doing real good too! Until that motherfucker told me "congratulations on the baby" Me and Toni haven't announced her pregnancy to the public yet so how the fuck he know. Once he said that I blacked out. Last thing I remember was me punching him in his shit and then I woke up in jail.

Toni slamming the car door closed brings me out of my thoughts. I follow her as she storms into the house mad at the world. Throwing the keys down on the table she faces me and says, "You got five minutes to explain how your hot headed ass ended up in jail. And it better be a good reason behind all this foolishness." She said with her arms folded.