6. Can I keep her?

Arm in arm with 10k I skipped towards the small barn, 10k's presence was actually keeping me warm through the slight breeze that was threatening to pick up.
As soon as the barn door was in reach I let go of 10k's arm and started to pull back the big wooden door, before we even entered the smell of hay and horse manure was evident.
I peaked inside the door to find two stalls and a tack room, I walked further into the barn which I should now call stables and found the first stall empty. On the stall door was the name 'storm' and a picture of a blue Roan and white pinto.
"Maybe someone took this horse and got the hell out of here." I said. Causing 10k to nod and follow me further into the stables.
"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, it's clear." I smiled.
I turn around and walk back to the tack room there was 4 saddle racks but only 3 was occupied, the same with the bridles and halters which made me believe that storm had gotten away safely.

"Hey! Raine!" 10k shouts from the stall area of the stables, To which I jog back towards where I had left him. He was now crouched inside the last stall and laying besides him was a black and white pinto mare, with white feathers as well as a black mane and tail She was very thin and mucky from being stuck in the tiny area. On the door of her stall was a note,

To who ever comes across Luna,
Luna is our much loved pinto (American paint horse) cross Friesian mare. She is almost 6 years old (written during the 4th year of the apocalypse)
She is a fantastic jumper and loves cuddles, she's very smart so even if we couldn't be saved maybe you can help her.
Sincerely, the Daltons

"Can I keep her!" I say grabbing 10k's shoulder.