11. Dad meet luna

I woke up to the sun light streaming into my eyes through the thin linen curtains, with a groan i went to roll only to find I'm being restricted by an arm Wrapped around my stomach, 10k's arm to be exact. I didn't want to move him but I really needed a wee.
"Oh I'm sorry!" I hear 10k mumble lifting him self from the covers, making me instantly regret the loss of heat. I guess he felt me try to move.

I'd gotten dressed and taken a knife with me even though I didn't really need it.
"Where are you going!" Murphy asks from behind me in the upstairs hallway, I was really surprised that he had spoken to me. This was possibly the first time he'd spoken to me since I first joined the group.
"I'm going to see Luna!" I answered without any emotion.
"What the hell is a Luna?" My dad asked in confusion.
"Come on I'll show you." I smiled turning back around walking down the stairs.
The walk to the barn was very quiet, it was strange to think this stranger was my father.
"This may be very bad of me but who was your mum?" Murphy said from besides me.
"Jocelyn." I smiled up at him, he was much taller then me.
"I'm sorry but I don't remember her.." He looked at his feet. "Don't think of me as a bad person, how old are you now?"
"I'm guessing 17, possible 18 this year. Who keeps track these days." I answer to which he just nods.
We'd arrived at the barn door and I'd slid it open to reveal Luna stood up waiting at the stall door, she had eaten every thing in her bowl and the big clump of hay I had put down.
"Hello Luna!" I coo.
"Woah was not expecting a horse." Murphy staggered.
"Yeah she's a beauty!" I smiled walking back to the tack room and grabbing her head collar.
Taking a good look at Luna as I brought her out into the sunlight she didn't look as bad as I had first thought, she was as thin as a race horse. But she needed to be slightly thicker and rounder because of her breed, a good while on some grass and dinner every night should help bring her weight up.
"I'm going to ride her once she's gained back her weight." I looked at my dad.
"You can ride?....I Like her black and white coat, and her little feet hairs." He grinned.
"Feathers dad. There called feathers and yeah I can." I laughed.
"Dad? I should probably get used to being called that." He said awkwardly rubbing his almost bald head, To this I just nodded. 
"Murphy!!" I hear doc call.
"Yeah doc! What's up?" He replies.
"I got the cards out!" Doc replied.
"Coming!" Murphy nodded at him although he was at least 30 feet away. 
"I promise I'm gonna start treating you better and acting like a real dad. I know I've been ignoring you and putting off speaking to you." Murphy said with a sad smile.
I just nodded and turned around to walk Luna to a big grass patch closer to the house.