14. Teaching 10k

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed sighing I pull myself out of bed to get dressed. As I shuffled down the stairs I see Warren leant against the kitchen counter with a mug in her hand.
"10 made you breakfast it is in the microwave." She smiled, I nodded my thanks and grabbed my leak and potato soup.
I still hadn't seen 10k and I was starting to think he was avoiding me I went outside and found Addy and Mac in the crop garden.
"You seen 10k?" I asked miserably.
"I think he was with Luna" Addy smiled, again I waved my thanks before walking to the stables.
There I found 10k grooming Luna whilst she ate her breakfast, he had got her saddle and bridle on the stand beside him and a hoof pick dangled from his belt.
"What are you up to then?" I laughed leaning against the doorway.
"Getting Luna ready." 10k replied excited.
Confused I asked "for what?"
"Your gonna teach me to ride!" He beamed.

So far I had managed to teach 10k to get onto the horse and the basics like how to hold the reins.
"I'm not gonna tell you how to trot untill you can steer by yourself!" I told a smiling 10k, his reply was a nod as he concentrated.
"I'm gonna let go of Luna and I want you to walk her in a circle, I've told you how to steer so now you can have a go yourself." I told him, he nodded and I let go of Lunas bridle and walked a few feet away from the pair.
"Your lucky Luna isn't a lazy horse... but her pace is sort of slow, let's get her into a nice fast walk. Kick her on!" I shouted to 10k. He didn't reply but he gave Luna a good squeeze and started an actual walk.
"Good! Now keep her out." I smiled.

Murphys p.o.v.
I think I should get out of bed. Yeah I should. I got myself dressed and walked outside towards Raine, my beautiful daughter I feel horrible for not knowing about her. But I guess Late is better then never, I ate my breakfast and then left to find my girl. I found her teaching 10k to ride, it was amazing to see someone I care about so happy in the moment.
"Hey darling, how you doing?" I smiled walking towards the Center of the arena to where she stood.
"I'm good, surprised, 10k is doing really well." She grinned. I nodded in reply.
"Hey dad?" She spoke up her grin slowly turning into a serious face.
"Yeh Hun?" I answered worried.
"Do you think what we have here is too good? And that maybe something bad is bound to happen soon?" She looked at me as if my answer will give her comfort even though she knows full well i can't know for sure.
"We've all been through so much I believe this is our break." I did my best to show her a comforting smile. But the truth is I think I'm dying, I need more of the vaccine and there's no way we can get any of it.
"Is Luna zombie proof for her life now?" I had an idea.
"Mmh I don't know for sure because there's no zombies around to test it but I'll give her more blood now and a then, I mean she's a lot bigger then a cat." She smiled at me before looking back at 10k.
"10k come through the middle and change reins." She shouted to 10k which he surprised me because he looked like he knew what he was doing.