13. Silent affection

It had been another week since I was first able to ride Luna And since then I had only ridden her in small bursts and nothing over Trot because she was still trying to bulk out.
"I think today is the day I do some more work with Luna and see what she is capable of!" I smile to a tired 10k.
All he did was nod his head from underneath the pillows.
"Geeeeet up!" I laughed pulling him so he was falling of the bed.
With a groan and a thud 10k rolled to the floor and made his way to the wardrobe for clothes.

I practically ran towards Luna's stall.
I was halfway tacking her up when 10k walked into view.
"Let me guess you got everyone to watch me again?" I said making 10k jump. He nodded with a shy grin, from time to time he was still shy and nervous around me but sometimes I could get actual conversation out of him.
"I'll teach you how to ride tomorrow if you want?" I asked. All he replied with was a nod. I hated the days he was like this it meant I had a day of a silent 10k.

I had set up a jumping course the highest being 1m, I started Luna's warm up with walk and trot transitions then added in some halts. I started of by just doing the smaller jumps in trot and I could feel Luna instantly enjoying herself.
"Come on kid you call that jumping?" Vasquez laughed from the side.
"You'll see!" I laughed.
I hadn't cantered Luna yet so I did a lap of the arena first before popping the jumps.

After I had untacked Luna I let her out on the grass and I was then greeted by a nervous looking 10k.
"Hey" I smiled.
"I don't think I'll be doing that in my life time!" 10k said nervously, making me laugh.

Day turned to night of me just playing in the field with Luna and 10k and then we got called for dinner. As we both tucked into our soup Murphy came and sat between us.
"So kid, how do you sleep at night?" He questioned.
"Pretty well I guess." 10 replied.
"Yeah, sleeping best be the only thing you do!" Murphy sneered. Oblivious 10k had no clue to what Murphy meant and I just sat back and laughed my ass of.

I had just had a shower and put on a onesie I had found in Addy's set of draws she said I could have. Just as I was about to turn the corner I hear doc speak.
"Just tell her kid! What's the worst that could happen?" He said, at first there was no reply. Then 10ks voice stopped me in my tracks.
"How do I do that?"
"Why don't you start by... telling her your real name?" Doc replied. I decided to just go back to the bedroom instead of interrupting there conversation.

As I lay in bed I started to realise.. was they on about me? I mean I'm the only other girl here other then Addy, she has a boyfriend and I think Warren's a little to old for 10k. I start to drift off to sleep when I hear the door open and then close, then the bed dip.
"Hey Raine? You awake?" 10k whispers.
"Yeah." I yawn.
"C-can I tell you something, you can't tell anyone else though." He asks.
"Of course you can!" I whisper yell, smiling.
"My names Tommy." He says shyly.
I smile and reply "night night Tommy!"
I expected for me to just turn over and we both go sleep but I'm pulled into a hug.
"S-sorry!" 10k stutters nervously removing his arm. I stay silent and pull his arm back around me and then I feel him turn over so that we're both facing the same way and his face was nuzzled into my hair.
"Night Raine" He mumbled before he started to snore.