16. Was it a mistake?

It seemed as though10k was trying to distance himself from me, it's almost dinner time and he hasn't even made eye contact with me. It's strange to not talk to someone your normally joint at the hip with. When dinner came around and 10k still hadn't acknowledged me I was pissed off and didn't want to speak to anyone or see 10k so I took my dinner outside and sat with Luna in the grass.

"Hey, what's up kid?" Doc asked walking towards me. I shrug my shoulders and In return he rolls his eyes.
"He's scared yanno." He spoke again "doesn't know what to do, your his first kiss."
Realising who Docs talking about I still said nothing.
"Listen kid, you need to take charge and let him know how you feel. He's so scared that you see him as a brother or as a friend, he would rather hide his feelings to carry on being friends with you then confess and ruin everything."

For a while Doc just sits besides me while I run his words and let them play over in my head, it starts to get dark and I finally make my decision.
"Do you think 10k will be in bed yet?" I speak up, my voice a little croaky from the silence.
"Probably taking his shoes of as we speak." He answered smiling.
"Luna bedtime" I say and she gets up and walks towards her stable. "Can you close her door behind her then give her some hay and carrots?"
"Sure can, go get him." Doc winks and I skip my way towards the house.

I had been standing outside our bedroom door with my hand hovered above the handle for what felt like an eternity. I hadn't quite figured out what I was gonna say, fuck this..
I open the door and make a b line to the bed where Tommy is sat, he tries to divert his eyes to anywhere but me to no avail. I gab him by both sides of his face and kiss him.
I break the kiss without removing my hands and stared deep into his mesmerising eyes.
"Was this a mistake?" I ask him. Tommy looked confused and didn't know what to say.
"I love you Tommy.. and i Most definitely need you in my life so please tell me this wasn't a mistake." I asked my confidence seeming to stagger at each word.

"No, it's just a shame that you have the bigger balls." He smiled. "and I love you too".
I kick my shoes of and wiggle my way into the covers before curling into tommy and falling into a happy slumber.