Chapter Eight

Brody's POV

Did that really just happen? Did Vincent Pezzementi eally just ask me out? Could this possibly be considered a date? He didn't want Hannah there, plus when I asked if she could come he looked like he was about to pounce on me for even suggesting the idea.

This was all too surreal, I felt like I was on Punk'd and someone was going to come out from behind the gymnasium door and yell, "you've just been punk'd!" Why would someone like him even bother with someone like me anyways? I wasn't hot and he was. I wasn't athletic in any way shape or form but he was. I was just... average. Compared to him anyways.

And what I had said on my way out, "it's nice having another friend besides Hannah to talk too". I made myself sound like I had no friends, besides Hannah, whatsoever. It may be true but I couldn't let the hottest guy, who was actually acknowledging my presence, think I was a loner boy who hated society.

Which I did. But still!

He probably didn't even consider me a friend either! Oh gosh, I messed up bad.

I was suddenly starting to regret life. Literally. You know that feeling when you say something, and at the times it feels right, but then later on you remember and you're just like why did I say that? Yeah, well, I was having one of those and right now I wanted to bury myself for even talking. I'm such a fool.

I cringe just thinking about it.

In the mitts of having one of those what-was-I-thinking-when-I-said-that moments Hannah gracefully approached me and sent me a wicked smile. I knew that smile like the back of my hand, it meant she did something that she shouldn't have done.

"Hannah, what did you do?" I asked her hesitantly. I had a feeling I wasn't going to like the answer that was going to come out of her mouth.

"Just talking to the coach about joining the basketball team," she said with the same creepy smile plastered on her face. I was kind of surprised by her answer, although Hannah did love sports and whatnot she rarely joined any of the school teams. She thought that by joining them the school would be using her to win trophies for themselves.

Like they were using the kids to make the schools status of higher ranking.

Her words, not mine.

"You never join sport teams, why now?" I asked her, still in a daze from the weirdest day of my life.

"I didn't say it was for me dimwit," she snorted, rolling her eyes at me as if I was the stupid one here. Yeah, right.

"Then for who Hannah?" I asked her skeptically. Then I saw her smirk, "I swear to god Hannah, if you say for me I'll tell everyone that we're dating."

She threw me the most repulsed look she could muster up and gagged. If there was one thing Hannah hated it was when people mistook us as 'lovers'. It didn't bother me but when people asked Hannah she looked like she was about to actually throw up.

It's not that she was repulsed by me, just being with me. Now that I think about it like that, it put real dent in my ego.

I wasn't that bad to be with me in a romantic way. I think? Though, with Hannah she would explain it to me by saying, "you're like my brother, and just the thought of sibling dating is disgusting as is".

I honestly don't know how me and Hannah stayed friends for this long, we were like polar opposites, where she thought incest was repulsing and it didn't bother me as much as it should've. Like, if siblings wanted to be together it wouldn't be any of my business, it was theirs.

As they say, love is love.

It's not like I had any siblings to know how revolting it was, though, Hannah was pretty close to being considered one.