Chapter Fifteen

[Edited] 

               Brody's POV

We pulled up to the little Italian restaurant that Vince was talking about and I must admit, it was really cuter then I thought it would be. It was not too fancy but it wasn't like a fast food restaurant either. It was perfect for a first day. 

Vincent was out of the car faster then I could actually comprehend what was happening and he was at my end of the car to open the door. "After you," he gestured towards the restaurant. My, he makes me feel like such a chick but special nonetheless. 

Getting out of the car I grabbed his hand and we walked into the small building. The name of the restaurant was so ironically funny I could help but laugh out loud; Tini-Winie Linguine. 

Seeing as how the restaurant wasn't the biggest thing in the world, hence the tini-winie part. I guess linguine was added so people would know this was an Italian restaurant. "What's so funny?" Vince asked. 

"The name," I informed him on what was causing my laughter. He smiled and let out a light chuckle. 

"Yeah, that's what caught my attention too, it's the main reason why I even bothered on entering this place anyways. Come on, I know you'll love it," he said pulling my towards the entrance of the restaurant. 

When we entered there was a small petite woman that came to our service right away. "Table for two?" She asked. 

"Yes please," Vince answered her. She looked down at our entwined hands but said nothing of it. Oh thank god, she wasn't a homophobe, or she wasn't saying anything about it. Either way I was grateful Vincent found such an amazing place. 

When seated I looked around and felt warmth envelop me, this place seemed so welcoming and homey. So comfortable. I noticed a few other couples and a family of four seated in the far back. I definitely wouldn't have notice them if they weren't so chattery. 

I wish my family was like that....

"So, how do you like this place?" Vince asked me, with a slight tone of worry in his voice. He had no need to worry, I couldn't have asked for a better place to have my first ever date. 

"I love it," I told him truthfully. 

He smiled widely, seeming happy about my answer. 

He never got the chance to reply because the same lady came back to our table. "Hello, my name Danita and I'll be your server. What would you two like to drink?" She wasn't fake smiling like other waitress do when serving. Maybe she was not a homophobe, or else she would not have been so kind. 

"Do you guys have Iced Tea?" Vince asked curiously. She nodded at him and looked towards me after writing his drink order. 

"I'll just take a Diet Coke, that is if you guys have got it?" 

"Of coarse sir, I will be right back with your drinks then you can order. Menus are in front of you," with that she went to the back to do whatever she does. 

I barely had to look at the menu to know what I was going to be getting; pizza. I know, I'm at restaurant that offers up a menu full of different things but when pizza was an option everything else did not matter in my eyes. Maybe bread sticks on the side? Hm, decisions, decisions. 

"What are you getting? No wait, let me guess, pizza?" He knew me way too well, it was as if he knew me for more than a week, when in reality that exactly how long we're known each other. 

I blushed despite myself, "You have brought me to an Italian restaurant, I am going to order a pizza." 

"That's the reason I brought you here, I know how much you love your pizza," he smiled cheekily. Smart boy. 

He, now, knew my dislikes, and my likes. He knew of the minor details of my life, and some bigger things, such as my family matters. After I told him about myself he didn't treat me any different. He stayed exactly the same around me and I appreciated that about him. 

Vincent was nice, which wasn't to be expected considering he was a jock. Most of the jocks I had an encounter with in my old school were douche bags, but Vince had showed me the society isn't completely dead. If only more people like him existed, but then again, he was one of a kind.