Chapter Twenty-Three

[Edited] 

Picture of Hannah →

~::~

                  Vincent's POV

2 weeks. 

I have waited for Brody to make any form of communication with me for the last two weeks! I understood he needed his time and space to think about things but two weeks!

What I did to him so completely and utterly wrong, and I regretted it the second I did it but did he really have to shun me out of his life over something like this without explaining my side of the story. Yes, he had caught me kissing her but I had reasons to justify my actions. Though, they were still wrong, it was a kind of heat of the moment thing.

I was not thinking properly when I kissed her back, and now I was paying the ultimate price.

Not only was Brody mad at me - which was the worst of it- but so were all of my other friends. Even my sister. I don't know who had told them all but they were all mad at me, and I couldn't really blame them.

I had hurt Brody, in more ways then one, and now I couldn't even expect him to forgive me if I couldn't even forgive myself.

You know that saying, "you never know what you have until it's gone"? I have never believe a saying as much I have this one. Losing something as precious as Brody had the biggest impact on my heart. I took him for advantage when I had him and now I was regretting it all.

Brody was doing everything in his power to avoid me; skipping the classes he had with me, turning the other way when he caught me in the halls, and hasn't come to the lunch rooms since the incident.

Carson was the only one who was actually speaking to me, but that was only because he knew the whole story. I didn't know if I could tell anyone, besides Brody of course, why I had done what I did. It wasn't something you could just mention randomly, not that anyone was even giving the time of day either.

Hannah, I would have thought she would be pissed off, but no, it was much worse then that. When the Monday after that weekend came I passed her and Brody in the halls and instead of punching me, like I was expecting, she gave me a disappointed look. Yes, she wasn't mad but disappointed. Honestly, I would have taken the punch any day, but I could not blame her either. She had trusted me with her best friend's heart and I broke it.

Meagan, now she was pissed. She had barged into my room on Monday, after school, and punch me in the arm several times. She lectured me, hit me some more, then when she was done venting her anger on me she stomped out of my room. Never speaking to me after that, and on the occasion she did it was the regular "pass the gravy" at dinner time. Other then that she hadn't uttered a word to me.

Everyone was either mad or disappointed in me and I didn't know what to do.

I, so badly, wanted to talk to Brody and explain but Carson told me he would only speak to me when he was ready.

Then he told me about the kiss.

At first I was furious. Beyond even that. The feeling of betrayal was evident but then I thought about it more.

I had done the same exact same thing, so being at either of them would be so completely wrong of me to do. I forgave Carson, obviously, but there was the little tint in my heart every time I saw them hanging out in the hallway, laughing.

It honestly hurt to watch my boyfriend laughing with my best friend and not me.

Yes, I still considered him my boyfriend and I would continue to think this until he started speaking to me. He would let me explain things, and after I was done, and only then, would he tell me of we were really finished. I just hoped he would understand. He was understanding about the things he heard in the hospital that one day, but I don't know if it will be the same this time.

I have been a complete mess for the last two weeks without Brody; I haven't slept a wink at night, my clothes have consisted of only sweats and a baggy shirt, my grades were suffering, and most importantly I was breaking out.

I, Vincent Pezzementi, do not break out, like ever!

These weren't even my only problems, Katrina has been trying to communicate with me for the past week. She knew enough to leave me alone for the first week but now she was clinging to me like a flee. A very annoying, obnoxious flee.

What pissed me off about this most was she was doing these things, little things, like touching my arm flirtatiously, giggling at a joke I didn't even make, and I swear every time Brody was in sight - on that rare occasion-, she would take things to the max. She would kiss my cheek.

But that was only once though. I blew up at her the second she did it but that didn't stop her from stroking my arm and telling me it was just "a friendly kiss." What that hell is ever wrong with her?

I bet she's the reason he hasn't talked to me. It's all because of her.

Now, I know what you are thinking. Why have I not cut all ties with her already? There is a simple explanation for that, and it has to do with Jaxon and the fact we are going to see him in a couple of days. I can't risk pissing Katrina off, otherwise she won't let me see him.

After, though, after this whole situation is blown over and I lay eyes on that baby, this thing with Katrina is over. I'll never see, nor speak to her. Then, I'll do whatever I can do to get Brody back.

The day after tomorrow is when we go see Jaxon, and it's going to be a Friday. I haven't told my mom where I'm going and I intend to keep it that way. I didn't want her, or anyone, to know about this just yet.

My mom thought I was still her virgin of a son, and the bare thought of me not only losing my virginity but having a kid would break her heart.

I have done some crazy shit in my life but this had to be the worst of. Not that Jaxon was a mistake or anything, I was just skeptical about the whole situation.

Every time I ask Katrina if she had a picture of him she would reply with a shake of her head saying,"no, not right now." Who doesn't have a picture of their own kid? If I were her I would be carrying one around, everywhere I went. Almost everyday I had asked her the same question, and her answer was always the same. Then, I got fed up with her and blew up. Yelled at her for not even being able to show me one picture, then she started crying.

Obviously I felt bad but I didn't make the same mistake and comfort her. I kind of just stood there, watching tears stream down her face, I didn't even apologize either. She had what was coming.

After that she told me to come over if I wanted to see any pictures of him. I curtly agreed, which was stupid on my part but I was desperate to see him. Even if it was just a picture.

She didn't even show me any pictures either, she had claimed to have forgot them at her other house before she moved.

What complete and utter bullshit.

Now, I was having my doubts about the whole entire thing.

I guess I would have to wait until Friday to find out if she was lying to me or not.

~