Chapter Thirteen

[Edited]

               Brody's POV  

Throughout the rest week of school Vincent's friends and sister have been joining us at lunch time. I never would have thought I'd enjoy peoples' company as much as I did right now. Especially when it came to jocks but in this school most people were open-minded and extremely fun to be around. 

And Meagan, Vincent's sister, she was my favourite. Well, besides Vincent obviously, but it was no wonder Vincent loved her so much. She was hilarious and so outgoing. Even Hannah took a liking to her after their first meeting. Carson, Who I found was Vincent's best friend, was also funny and when he would try to flirt with Hannah was the funniest part. Especially with Meagan giving him dirty looks while doing so. 

I could already tell Meagan liked him, which was cliché if you ask me. Having a crush on your brothers best friend? Definitely cliché. 

What surprised me most was Hannah was actually getting along with Vincent, she even laughed at some of his jokes when he told them. That made me extremely happy. 

There was also Sam, the biggest fangirl I have ever met. But when she wasn't gushing over how "cute" Vincent and I were, she was actually a fun person to be around. 

Vincent, on the other hand, was kicking the PDA up a notch, which I didn't mind all that much. People at the table constantly asked if we were dating and I would just let him answer. He always answered with a "not yet". 

Not yet

Which means we probably would be pretty soon! Giving him the status of my boyfriend would be so awesome like Vincent Pezzementi, boyfriend of Brody McCarthy. 

Oh, I can't wait until Saturday! 

Our first date was literally right around the corner and I could not even wait. 

With all the excitement going on around me I didn't really get time to think about what happened with that girl and younger boy, who seemed to look like her brother. I shiver ran down my spine just from remembering it. I could practically feel the slap - yes, that's how much of an impact it had.

The poor boy didn't even do anything wrong, he was just trying to convince her of something. And the conversation between the two had my mind reeling. 

She was a very scary girl. When I asked Vince - my personal nickname for Vincent which I forbid anyone using on him, even if it was common - he just told me not to talk to or about her. He also looked scared, his hands were trembling in my grasp and his breathes came out uneven. I've never seen him like that so he must have really been spooked by this girl so I never questioned him when he told me not to speak to her. 

I was just grateful I wasn't watching the whole thing go down, just heard everything. Whereas, Vince saw every bit of it. 

Right now, we were at our regular lunch table, with the populars'. In all my years I never, not even once, thought of myself sitting with a bunch of popular people at lunch. Me and Hannah have always been on our own, and now we were suddenly adding a bunch of people to our crowd. Believe it or not, I was enjoying their company, every single one of them. 

Even the jocks. They were all so different from what I had thought they were like. All of them were respectful when Vince would occasionally pecked my lips - though, they did tease a little. Also, they never made fun of me for being a "nerd". I liked them. I liked it here

At the moment Vincent was talking to Hannah animatedly about some movie they both loved. See what I mean, never would have I thought they would be getting along. Hannah was even smiling and everything! 

Meagan was talking with Carson and Sam. 

I had no one to really talk to right now and that's why all these thought had been preoccupying my mind. 

I felt Vince' arm wrap around my shoulders and he looked at me with a smile in his face. "Whatcha thinking about?" He asked. 

This was all too surreal. How could I land an athletically, sexy guy like him? Could it be because I was the only openly gay going to this school? I doubt it. When he kissed me the first time he didn't even know I was gay.