five - stutter by marianas trench

My alarm woke me up 30 minutes earlier than usual, so I can put my plan into motion. So that I can celebrate today for 30 minutes longer.

Today, I became one step closer to becoming an adult.

Today, I am seventeen.

"Happy, happy birthday, to me!" I whisper excitedly as I pulled my shirt over my head. "Brandon better be happy I'm waking up early, just for him." I pull my leggings up.

I was planning to go into Brandon's bedroom and wake him up around the time of his birth, which was around 6:45ish. After doing finishing touches on my hair I go to sneak into his room across the hallway. As I opened my door, I run into something, or someone.

"Autumn! What are you doing awake? I was going to surprise you," Brandon exclaims while rubbing his chin, where I ran into.

"I was going to do the same you big idiot." I give him a giant hug.

"Well happy birthday sis," he chuckles.

I smile. "Happy birthday bro."

After a good shared laugh, we went downstairs to eat our birthday doughnuts that our parents had bought us the night before.

***

"It's your birthday!"

"Yes I know that."

"Still! This is a big deal!"

"I'm only turning seventeen."

"That's only one step being closer to eighteen."

"Lace, calm down." I try to calm down my best friend.

Of course, that doesn't work. "Happy birthday to-mmph!"

"Lacey Trixe, if you don't shut up right now, you won't live to see me turn eighteen." I slap my hand over her mouth.

Lacey 'Lace' Trixe is one quirky girl. Her jet black hair bounces up and down whenever she laughs, she makes the best out of any situation, and so much more. Her personality and deep green eyes of hers are enough to grab anyone's heart.

"Fine, but can I ask one more birthday related question?" Lace asks. I nod my head yes. "Has the hot guy texted you yet? You guys always text in the morning, did he tell you happy birthday?"

Lace is the only person I could trust when it came to Colton. She wouldn't get jealous over him or tell me to suck his face off, and she definitely won't chase him around with a baseball bat when she meets him. Brandon I'm thinking about you, I think. "No, he hasn't. Which is weird because we text every morning and I told him a week ago that my birthday was today. He even asked the date. It's not that I'm mad, he probably had something to do," I admit, shifting my stuff from one hand to the other.

"I wouldn't worry about it, it's only ten in the morning, just give it time." Lace gives me a pat on the shoulder and walks to her next class.

***

"I get first slice!"

"No, I get first slice!"

"I'm older."

"I'm younger."

"I'm a girl."

"I'm a boy."

"I'm smarter."

"I'm dumber!"

"That's for sure," I giggle.

Brandon looks confused for a second, then it dawns on him. "That is vicious, you savage."