eight - kids by one republic

"Brandon has a crush on a girl, but he refuses to tell me that. I can see it from a mile away."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"And I think she likes him back because he's always smiling."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"Oh, and I like Colton Matthew Winter, a lot."

"Tell me something I- WAIT WHAT?" Lacey screams. "I already knew this but I didn't expect you to tell me this soon!"

I'm over at Lacey's house because I finally felt better after Colton's visit two weeks ago.

The cold was on and off for a little while, sometimes I was able to breathe just fine. Others, I couldn't even sniffle because my nose was so blocked.

I roll my eyes at my best friend's antics. "Yes, he came over last week and it was then I realized I really like him. I wish I could stop, because all I can think about is him."

"And you didn't tell me until now?" I shrug at her accusation.

Sighing heavily, I say, "I guess I know how Brandon feels."

Lacey gives me a sympathetic look. "Fall."

"You know I hate that nickname, Lace." I point out.

She ignores my comment. "I know how you feel. But don't worry about it, whatever is meant to be will show itself when the timing is right."

I know how you feel? I'm confused but I decide to let it drop.

"I love you, you know that Lacey?"

She smiles. "Yeah, I do. I love you too, you goofball."

We both share a small laugh and flop back on her bed. "So what do you like about him?" Lacey asks.

I try to find words to describe him. "First of all he's hotter than the sun."

"Tell me something I don't know," she giggles.

"Back off my man, Trixe!" I shove her playfully.

"I know, I know, I'm just kidding. What else do you like about him?

"Well he's caring, and I love that about him. He's done so much for me and I really haven't done anything for him. He's intelligent, but he doesn't know it. He always puts himself second to family and friends, his singing is amazing, and so much more. It's like he puts up a wall, but wants you break it down you get to see a beautiful sunset."

Lacey wipes a fake tear from her eye, reminding me of Brandon. It's getting scary how similar these two are these days.

Ping!

Text message from B.S.B.

This guy has impeccable timing.

Help! Emergency!
Sent 6:21pm.

Well not really. I need someone to watch over the twins while I pick up Grayson from his mate's house. My dad is working til eight at the hospital and neither of my neighbors are home. They hate going in the car after dark, can you watch them? Pleeeeease.
Sent 6:21pm.

I show Lacey the texts. "Lacey what do I do? Do I say yes?" I shoot her a worried look.

Lacey gives me a look of her own. "Of course you do, dumbass!"

Yeah just give me your address and I'll be over there ASAP.
Sent 6:22pm.

347 Luxboker Ave. Thank you so much! I'll be here til' 6:40
Sent 6:22pm.