twelve and a half - love you more-acoustic by olly murs

Brandon's POV
(bet you guys weren't expecting this wink wink)

"Michael, what the bloody hell do you think you're doing!" I shout.

Michael snorts. "Brandon, you're starting to sound like your sister now."

I sigh. "Yes, I know. But give me back my milkshake or I swear I'll kick your ass."

"Language!" my parents yell from the front seats.

Poor Autumn was missing all of this fun. Cue eye roll. I kind of feel bad for her, from what she says about period pains, I shudder just thinking about it.

"Boys, we're going to drop you all at home and head over to Maria's house after. Is that okay?" Mom asks from the driver's seat.

Maria was one of Mom's favorite coworkers, and Dad had a lot of fun with her husband. It was only natural that they hang out together. "Sounds fine," I say. The twins beside me nod their heads.

As Mom pulls up in the driveway, Dad hands me Autumn's chocolate shake. "Be nice to the girl, boys, or else," Dad mock threatens.

"We solemnly swear that we will be nice and keep her company, Uncle William," Jackson cheekily replies with a bright smile.

Dad smiles. "Great, now get out of my car."

As we get out of the vehicle, I hear Mom say, "I don't know who you think you are, but this is my car."

Jackson and Michael race each other to the front door, which is stupid because I am the only one who knows where the house key is hidden. It's hidden under Mom's flower pot, and its location never changes. "Those idiots," I mutter.

When I get to the front door, I set Autumn's milkshake down and go to grab the key. I snatch the key and the milkshake and open the door to let the twins inside the house.

"Autumn!" I call once I reach the living room. She was sitting on the couch when we left, and I don't think she likes to move a lot when she's on her period. "Autumn!" I repeat.

Jackson shakes his head. "I don't think she's here."

"Of course she's in the house, will you two go look upstairs?"

They both nod and go on their way. I run to the kitchen to go out the back door. "Sis? I got you a milkshake," I tempt.

The sound of sniffling rings in my ears as I snap my head over to the fire pit. Autumn sits there with her head in her hands and her hair hanging like a curtain around her face.

Carefully, I walk over to her. "Autumn, are you okay?"

Her head snaps up. "Does it look like I'm okay?" she croaks. From where I'm standing, I can see the tear tracks clear as day on her face. Her eyes are puffy, red, and a bit blurry.

I walk over to her, set the milkshake down, and hold her in a hug. "Oh, Autumn, what happened?"

She wipes her tears away and sniffles. "That big fucking idiot Colton happened, that's what." Her voice is low and croaky, which is a dead give away she's been crying for a while.

"Tell me what happened, please," I say gently.

Her head rests on my shoulder as she takes a shaky breath. "He came over here and sang a song. It was Gives You Hell, by the All-American Rejects. He was so angry, and I don't know why."