fifteen - lighthouse - acoustic by hearts and colors

"Colton said to dress comfortably, so let me look into your closet to see what I can find." Lacey opens up my closet door and starts sliding hangers across, looking for something I can wear to Colton and I's date.

"Why is it that you know more about my date with Colton than I do?" I ask.

It's true, Colton apparently told Lacey everything she needed to know about our date, and he told me nothing. "Well he said he wanted it to be a surprise," Lacey responds.

"Can you tell me then?" Setting down my brush on my dresser, I beg, "Please, please, please tell me what he has planned!"

Simply, she says, "No."

"Why not?" I complain. "I need to know every possible thing that could go wrong. What if we go out for dinner and I spill food all over myself?"

"You won't."

"What if we go somewhere where we have to do something somewhat athletic, like mini golf or something, and I completely fail?"

"You won't."

"What if-"

"You won't! Calm down, Autumn." Lacey turns to face me with a sure look in her eye. "Colton likes you, for being you. Even if you mess up, which you won't, Colton will not care. He's been with you for almost half a year now. If he hasn't run away yet, there a ninety nine percent chance he won't be running away anytime soon. So calm your ass down and throw your hair up into a ponytail. It's looking crazed after all that stressing you just did."

Looking into my mirror on my dresser, I realize Lacey is right. My short blonde hair is flying everywhere, and it's also looking quite frizzy, which only happens when I get stressed.

When I finally get the frizz under control, I pull my hair up into a high ponytail. To make it look more natural, I pull out little strands of hair to frame my face. "How do I look?" I ask Lacey.

"Autumn, you look great. But..." Lacey trails off. My eyes widen in fear, do I look worse than I think I do? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Lacey notices my nerves. "Oh calm down. I was going to say but... it would look better with this outfit on!"

She pulls out two hangers from my closet. On the first hanger is a simple black tank top, a cute shirt that I wear in the summertime. The second hanger held a black and red button up flannel. On the right side of the flannel, there was a pocket, which I always used to store my keys whenever I wore it.

"Put these on," Lacey commands. After I change, she pulls out a pair of dark blue denim jeans. These jeans had rips in them, and I liked them because I always looked badass when I wore them. "And this." Lacey adds.

After I finish changing, Lacey holds a pair of black ankle boots. "To complete the 'I'm a casual badass look'."

Bending over, I zip up the boots and move over to my body length mirror near the closet. "Holy shit," I whisper. This look makes me look badass, but also more mature in a way. My hair has now finally settled, and it looks great with the outfit.

"Bless my soul, I have made a work of art even better than it already was!" Lacey wipes a fake tear from her eye behind me.

Turning around, I embrace Lacey tightly. "Have I told you how much I love you?"

Lacey returns the embrace and says, "Rarely, but I do know how much you do. I am fabulous anyway."

"You truly are," I laugh.

With a heavy sigh, both of us sit down on my bed. We sit in silence, soaking up these last few minutes before the madness begins. "Autumn, when did our lives begin revolving around boys?" Lacey asks, breaking our comfortable silence.