03

CHAPTER THREE

the next morning, wheein woke up to the sun blearing through her window.

she rolled over, picking up her phone, and checked the time; 07:02 am. shit. she had to leave the house in twenty minutes to reach the bus stop.

as much as wheein wanted to stay home and spend the whole day laying in bed, catching up on her favourite tv shows, she knew the guilt of her not attending school would build up inside of her. especially when her parents expected so much from the girl.

abruptly, she rose from bed, rushing towards her wardrobe. she threw on her unappealing school uniform, then headed towards the bathroom.

wheein brushed her long, messy hair, then cleaned her teeth. looking at herself one last time in the mirror before hastily walking downstairs. she skipped breakfast today, and walked straight out of the house.

her parents were barely ever at home in the morning, so they weren't there to say 'goodbye' or 'have a good day, sweetie'. no, her parents worked twenty-four-seven. they were always too busy for wheein. it was like she was basically forgotten, except when it came to her school marks, then suddenly they cared. that made her feel more alone, although, she liked being alone majority of the time, she just wished she had somebody.

wheein ran for the bus stop- almost tripping a few times. she made it there just in time.

she greeted the bus driver. then searched for a spare seat. there was one and the girl silently thanked the universe.

once wheein was seated, she tried steadying her breath. running all the way here, plus her anxiousness really winded her.

she placed her earphones in her ears, and started playing a calming song.

the lonely girl looked out of the window. waiting for the next stop to arrive- hwasa's stop.

soon enough, the bus' movement ceased. and a familiar orange haired girl came into view. wheein turned her gaze away so she wouldn't seem too obvious.

a figured blocked the sun that shone on wheein's side, as she was about to turn her head, she heard a very captivating voice speak to her.

"can i sit here?"

honestly, wheein didn't even have to turn around to know who was talking to her, but she still looked, anyway.

she met eyes with the person. she nodded her head and tried giving - what she hoped to be - a friendly smile.

her hands became slightly shaky, her heart started racing faster. wheein was quite surprised that hwasa chose to sit next to her, but either way, she felt extremely giddy having the girl so close to her.

she couldn't take her eyes off of her. hwasa looked even more beautiful up close. yesterday wheein was so overwhelmed by the close proximity between her and hwasa, her eyes were dazed, she couldn't have the chance to take in all her features up close, but now, she took the opportunity.

the orange haired girl turned her head to wheein, the two made eye contact. wheein was embarrassed that she was caught staring, so she quickly focused her eyes outside the bus.

she could feel the heat rising on her cheeks from the encounter that happened just seconds ago.

somebody tapped wheein's shoulder, and when she turned around to see who it was, she was surprised- but then again, who else would it have been?

"hey, i'm ahn hyejin. but most people call me hwasa. what's your name?"

wheein's mouth was ajar, she tried talking but no words came out. her throat felt tight. if she even tried to form a simple word, she worried it would come out sounding inaudible. all she could do right in this moment was stare at the stunning girl in front of her.

hwasa just giggled then turned her head away, a smile still on her face.

the dark haired girl silently cursed to herself at how socially awkward she was.

all she has dreamed of was talking to her crush, yet now she was here, she felt lost for words.

wheein rested her head on the window and pressed her eyes shut; hoping the heat in her cheeks would go away, wishing everything would miraculously fall into place.

she wanted to be able to have a conversation with hwasa, but maybe, that won't ever happen.