07

CHAPTER SEVEN

the dark haired girl had science now, her favourite class of the day- simply because the teacher was nice, and she never handed out homework. plus, it was her last class for the day and it was friday.

although, wheein dreaded going home to that cold, empty place, and the fact it was friday - meaning she had to spend a whole weekend alone - suddenly became less exciting.

nevertheless, she was looking forward to seeing hwasa as she walked to the bus stop.

the girl made wheein feel warmer inside, like everything would be alright in her world.

when the bell rang, wheein hurriedly shoved her book in her bag, and rushed towards the classroom door. she quicken her pace, mostly because she didn't want to get stuck with all the students rushing towards the school gates, as well. and because the faster she reached the front of the school, the more time she got to spend admiring a certain orange haired girl, who also happened to smell irresistibly like flowers.

wheein was accidentally pushed by a person as she was walking, stumbling to the left, resulting with her own self bumping into someone.

"i-i'm really sorry," she blurted out. as she was about to walk off, wheein felt a grip around her wrist.

"if it was anybody else i would've been mad, but it's you, so don't even worry about it."

wheein's vision was hazy from the experience just seconds ago, she could still feel her heart beating out of her chest. but as she heard that melodic voice, wheein met eyes with the person she bumped into, she instantly felt relieved.

hwasa took wheein's hand in her own and started guiding them out of the school gates, all the way to the tree wheein normally waited for the bus at.

at first, wheein was a bit confused as to how hwasa knew this was the spot she always stood at the end of school days, but then she remembered the time hwasa and her both had a conversation here. of course, that was what wheein thought. but little did she know, hwasa had been admiring wheein for sometime. she was intrigued by the dark haired girl; wondering why she was always alone, wondering why she spent most of her time frowning.

"how are you feeling?"

wheein took a moment to stare into hwasa's eyes, but quickly averted her gaze, "a lot better now, thank you."

"you don't need to thank me," hwasa placed her hand softly on the others shoulder.

wheein looked up at hwasa, and shyly smiled. somehow, the girl built up enough courage to say what was actually on her mind, "yes i do. because you're the one person who cares about me."

her voice was almost a whisper, and after admitting that, she felt scared. scared of what hwasa's reaction might be.

hwasa slowly moved her hand away from wheein's shoulder. the comfort she felt disappeared, now replaced with worry.

"s-sorry, i shouldn't have sai-" wheein words turned incoherent as hwasa brought her into a hug.

she held the lonely girl so gently.

soon after, the bus arrived, and the two girls chose to sit with eachother.

it was silent for awhile. wheein knew hwasa's stop was coming up soon. she started to feel saddened, she didn't want hwasa to go.

caught up in her own mind, wheein didn't even realize she was staring at hwasa.

"what's up?"

"huh?" she furrowed her brows, mouth slightly gaped.

hwasa shook her head, "nothing." she giggled, covering her mouth with her hand. wheein swore she heard the girl mumbled something under her breath, but she chose to ignore it.

the bus started to slow down; it was now hwasa's time to leave.

the orange haired girl turned to wheein, the sadness still noticeable on her features. it didn't take long for hwasa to know leaving the girl by herself wouldn't help, so she asked, "want to hang out at my place?"

wheein was a little taken aback by the other's request. she didn't even want to go back to her lonely home, so she already knew her answer.

"okay," the girl shyly nodded her head.

once the bus stopped, both girls got off and headed towards their destination.

the walk to the orange haired girl's house only took five minutes, which wheein was thankful because after today she felt extremely exhausted.

hwasa introduced wheein to her parents, then they made their way down the hall to hwasa's room. the orange haired girl flopped down on her bed, whereas wheein cautiously sat at the end of the mattress.

an abundance of silence took over between the two girls as they sat there. wheein mindless fumbled with her bracelet, while hwasa stared at the girl.

"come here," hwasa said after a few seconds, gesturing to the space beside her. "let's watch a movie."

she grabbed her laptop, searching for a movie both of them liked. it soon started to play. wheein was leaning against a few pillows, a blanket resting across her and hwasa's lap. in that moment, she felt as if she finally belonged somewhere- the thought alone was enough to make a smile spread across her lips.

and being next to ahn hyejin, was all the more reason to feel content.

a/n: thank u to whoever votes/comments i really appreciate u so much!!!