04

CHAPTER FOUR

"hey, wake up, we're at school now."

wheein felt someone gently shaking her shoulder. when she opened her eyes, the realization hit her- she was still on the bus. she accidentally fell asleep.

"come on, we're gonna be late."

she turned her gaze towards the person talking to her. hwasa. wheein's stomach flipped, her eyes widened, suddenly she felt very aware of her surroundings.

she stood up, hwasa moved back a bit, letting the girl walk past her and start heading out of the bus. hwasa followed close behind her. once they reached outside, wheein immediately picked up the pace, walking faster. she didn't want to be late to her study period, but she also didn't want to embarrass herself around her crush. again.

"you're not going to wait for me?" a hint of playfulness was in hwasa's voice. she was now right next to wheein. the dark haired girl was slightly startled when she realized the girl was so close to her.

wheein tried forming a sentence, she needed to say something to hwasa. anything.

but, just like always, wheein couldn't bring herself to talk to the orange haired girl.

normally people would get annoyed or bored with wheein, because she barely ever talked, but not hwasa. it didn't seem to bother her, as she still continued to walk with wheein.

the two girls walked side by side. only until they reached their first class and were about to part ways, was when they just then realized they both were in the same classroom together.

"sit next to me?" hwasa's voice was soft. she looked at wheein, waiting for an answer.

wheein nodded, and managed to smile at the girl, following her to a pair of seats. they sat by the window, waiting for the final bell to ring which indicates that first class has started. the teacher who usually supervisors the students wasn't there yet- it was expected, though, he was always late to lessons.

everyone else was talking to their friends, whereas the two girls just sat there in silence.

wheein started to feel guilty because hwasa shouldn't have to be with her, she should be talking to her friends and laughing. not stuck with someone who can't even manage to speak a sentence.

she kept her head low, hoping the teacher would show up soon and break the awkward tension that surrounded the two- well, at least wheein felt uneasy in this situation. she fumbled with the bracelet around her wrist out of habit. whenever she was nervous or stressed, she would play with the bracelet her overseas friend gave her.

"that's pretty."

hwasa pointed her index finger towards the threaded band with a few beads on it. wheein met eyes with the girl. she finally built up enough courage to say something to her crush: "th-thank you."

she mentally face palmed herself for stuttering. she could feel her cheeks heating up with embarrassment.

hwasa smiled brightly, as she was about to say something to the dark haired girl, the teacher stumbled into the classroom. placing a stack of papers on the table with a loud thud, capturing the attention of all the pupils.

the final bell rang seconds later, and everyone started catching up with their homework, reading books, or listening to music in this time.

wheein sighed to herself, reaching for her work book and a pen. hopefully this day will go by quickly.

but, on the other hand, she felt like the luckiest person. simply because she was sitting next to ahn hyejin.

a/n: MAMAMOO COMEBACK ON NOVEMBER 7TH