18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

hwasa was sitting on her bed, scrolling through her phone, awaiting for wheein to arrive.

the dark haired girl never actually gave too much information away, as in, whatever her plan was for the date, was a complete secret- which hwasa was undoubtedly excited for. she couldn't control the smile that tugged on her lips once wheein blurted the question out. she never expected the girl to actually say that, nevertheless, she was happy she did.

a knock on the front door was heard, and hwasa immediately jumped up from her bed, speed-walking down the hallway.

she let out a quiet breath of air, then opened the door. her eyes drifted over the beautiful girl in front of her. she was always so stunning in hwasa's eyes, yet now, she looked even more etheral.

wheein held up a rose, "this is for you. i didn't know if a bouquet would've been better, or just one, but i-"

"wheein."

"yeah?"

"it's perfect," hwasa gently took the flower from the flustered girl's grip. "and so are you."

the girl's cheeks deepened in a rosy-pink colour with the other's compliment. looking down at the ground, she suddenly felt so shy under the other's gaze.

hwasa quickly put the single flower in a small vase before exiting the house. she held onto wheein's hand, as she was now being guided down a path.

"where are we going?" hwasa asked.

"the bus stop."

letting out a soft laugh, she said, "then where?"

the girl tangled their fingers together, keeping the orange haired girl closer to her sid. she tilted her head upwards a bit, staring at the other.

the slightest smirk formed on her lips as she kept her gaze on hwasa, "it's a surprise."

after the bus ride - which mostly consisted of hwasa questioning where they were going, or making up a bunch of theories on exactly where their date was being held - the two stood in front of a large building, a place the other didn't predict.

the brightest, and in wheein's opinion, the most beautiful smile spread across the orange haired girl's face. her features lit up and it was as if the spark that seemed to be living within her eyes, made its way around her, covering every inch of her soft skin. the girl was glowing, and wheein knew she was falling in love fast.

taking a hold of the stunned girls' hand, she led her into the building, heading down a few stairs.

a blue light shone through the water, and with the slight movements, it reflected off of all the surfaces, making the atmosphere seem almost magical. they were at an aquarium, staring at the sight surrounding both of them.

hwasa's eyes widened as she watched the different sea creatures swim past. "it's a shark!" she said, excitedly.

she pointed towards a tank, not moving closesr to the glass, even though she was safe from it.

wheein looked at the girl, "do you wanna see the turtles?"

after two hours of walking around the aquarium, they were currently strolling back through the first tunnle they entered, sipping on the chilled lemonade held in their grasps.

all the effort and thought wheein put into the date idea seemed to have worked out, because as she looked at the cute girl next to her, the happiness that seemed to radiate off of her body, made wheein believe it really was the best day ever. she felt so content, so peaceful inside, it was like nothing else in the world could ever hurt her again and everything was okay.

throwing the now empty cups of lemonade in the bin, the two girls made their way out of the building.

slowly, the dark haired girl reached out, taking hwasa's hand in her own.

the girl, probably out of reflex, linked their fingers together. "thank you for today. it was really amazing, wheein."

"thank you for actually agreeing to go on a date with me." wheein couldn't fight the grin that plastered across her lips - even if she really wanted to - she shook her head, still smiling so wide.

"i would've said yes, even if you ended up taking me to mcdonald's, because i just want to be with you."

"really?"

"definitely," she said, swaying their arms back and forth slightly.

by the time their date finished, and they were now sitting on a bench waiting for the bus, the sun had started to set- causing the sky to erupt in different shades of oranges and pinks.

the deep, yet still bright, orange reminded wheein of hwasa. it wasn't just because of her hair, but more because of the way the girl laughed so wholeheartedly; the way she can literally light up any place she walked into. the orange symbolize a sort of happiness- which was hwasa herself.

the girl made wheein the happiest, and she wasn't going to allow anything to change that.

absent-mindedly, the long haired girl was staring at the other without even realizing it, hwasa was fully aware of wheein's gaze. she lifted a hand up, tucking some strands of hair behind wheein's ear, catching the girl's attention.

time stood still- until hwasa started to lean in. gently, she moved her hand down, cupping the girl's cheek, softly pressing their lips together.

it was slow and sweet and it was everything wheein dreamed of.

when they pulled away, hwasa kept her hand of her cheek. she could feel how her skin was warm under her touch. the girl's cheeks a tinge of red, lips sort of swollen, and pupils dilated more than usual.

"i-i really like you, hyejin." she grabbed the girl's other hand, making sure she wasn't suddenly going to disappear into thin air and never come back again. "you make me feel so happy, i don't think i can ever stop smiling when i'm around you. i just... don't ever want you to leave me."

the orange haired girl put a finger under wheein's chin, lifting her head up higher, keeping their faces close.

"i'm not leaving you." she leaned in once again, but before their lips connected, she said: "and, just for the record, i really like you, too, wheein."

and for the second time that day, the two girls kissed.

a/n: THEY DID THAT