11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

wheein climbed out of the yellow vehicle with hwasa right behind her, the two started walking off to their first class- study hall.

hwasa had a different idea, "let's study in the library. it's more quiet, and i only feel like being around you."

the dark haired girl could feel her cheeks heat up so slightly at the others girl's words, she nodded her head and shyly smiled. without much thought, wheein reached over and grabbed the orange haired girl's hand in her own.

they walked in a comfortable silence to the large room filled with shelves of stories, and the lingering scent of fresh sheets of paper that hung in the air.

entering the doors, they made their way over to a round table. sitting down next to each other, they both grabbed their workbooks, immediately beginning to absorb themselves in their work.

around thirty minutes into their study session, wheein could feel herself growing bored and tired of all the work.

the pages turning incoherent to the girl. every word, syllable, suddenly didn't make any sense to her. she started to feel frustrated.

her parents expected so much from her, if they realized her grades were dropping, they would be very disappointed and angry. and that would only give them the perfect opportunity to take their own problems out on their child.

wheein let out a sigh, quietly muttering under her breath, "i'm so over this, i don't even understand it."

her statement was mainly aimed at her extremely strict parents. even though, a part of it was directed towards the confusing words amongst the pages.

yet hwasa heard her, and on prompt, she shifted her chair closer to the distressed girl, propping one elbow on the small desk.

"here, let me help you."

the orange haired girl started to guide wheein through the work. moving her fingers across the lines of words, teaching her the easiest strategies to remember.

"you make it sound so easy," wheein slightly chuckled, jotting an answer down.

"it won't always be this easy, but i can always help you if you need it." she flashed a cheesy grin at wheein, in attempt to make the girl feel less stressed; and it worked.

it always worked.

whatever hwasa's plan was to make the lonely girl feel a little less anxious, or worried, it always seemed to calm her down, and know someone was there with her. there was something about the way the orange haired girl talked, or portrayed herself, that made wheein want to try to be better, work towards a goal, or simply be happier.

the rest of the hour went by quickly, and with the help of the orange haired girl, wheein managed to finish all her work that was due later in the day.

her and hwasa made their way out of the library, but before they could even reach the door, wheein stopped the girl.

"hwasa?"

"yes?"

hesitantly, she wrapped her arms around the girl's waist, "thank you for always being there for me, and making everything better."

a breathy laugh escaped the orange haired girl's lips at the other's innocent gesture and sentence. she brought her arms up, holding the girl gently. although, neither of them could see each other's faces, they were both smiling.

"i'm always here, wheein."

once they pulled away, hwasa enlaced their fingers, walking the dark haired girl to class.

even if they were parting ways soon, they knew that they would see each other again. wheein wasn't scared anymore, she knew the beautiful girl wasn't going to disappear, she wasn't just suddenly going to cease to exist in the lonely girl's life.

because what hwasa said was true, she would always be here, wheein believed it.