20

CHAPTER TWENTY

wheein and hwasa laid on a blanket outside in the orange haired girl's backyard.

the two stared up at the stars- admiring how the lights twinkled, how they flickered ever so slightly, against the pitch-black sky. the stars reminded wheein of the other girl's eyes that seemed to sparkle; it was like her eyes collect the lights, and it only made the dark haired girl feel more at home. she always felt like she belonged when she was right with hwasa.

right now, in that moment between the two girls, it was as if they were the only ones on earth. their love and happiness, were the only thing that mattered.

the fact they both had each other, was the most important thing in their world.

happiness was something so rare for wheein and it seemed like the more empty her world felt, the more lonely she became. everything lost its shine; everything was just a small dim of light, of all her hopes and dreams that were fading away. but, that had changed- it was like with hwasa, everything seemed to be brighter, which it truly was.

the unsteady, completely nerving, feeling in the pit of her very soul doesn't exist anymore. she was going to try so, so hard to keep that away. to keep all the good, and the love, close beside her now.

the dark haired girl's fingers were tangled with hwasa's.

she could feel it- the feeling of belonging. the feeling of knowing something or someone in the universe was meant just for them.

and, to jung wheein, ahn hyejin was meant for her. she loved her with all her heart. she knew it was real and honest. she knew hwasa felt the same way. it was always supposed to be them two in the end- together and happy.

staring up at the dark sky, watching as the lights beamed, wheein said, "for a long time i never thought i'd find my happiness again. i thought i would be alone forever because the universe didn't want me here. but, i found you, and the universe really does want me here."

"you know what, wheein?" hwasa started, turning her head to face the girl, "i'm glad you're here everyday, and you're my happiness, too."

the widest, and possibly, the brightest, smile plastered across wheein's face. it was like her heart swelled up, beating just for the love of her life.

"that was super sappy, huh?" hwasa scrunched up her nose.

"yep, but we are super sappy."

"you aren't wrong," the dark haired girl giggled, shuffling her body closer to the other.

it wasn't too cold outside, but they brought out a few blankets. hwasa draped one over their bodies, and they snuggled closer to one another, sharing the warmth.

their legs entwined under the blankets, it was innocent and pure, and it was such a simple thing to do, yet both of them knew it was just another way of expressing how important they were to each other- being close, knowing they were allowed to be together. it was one of the many things that kept a smile on both of their faces.

wheein's worries and fears were still there, of course, but on the surface and deep down, she really believed everything was going to be alright this time. the universe really was going to give the girl a positive future.

even if things didn't always work out, she still had hwasa and the stars.