Chapter 2

*MACIE'S POV*

When I woke up, I saw that Alex had kiked me back:

Hey. I'm sorry about earlier. I was just in a mood.

I smiled and messaged her back that is was fine and I understood. Glancing at the time, my heart dropped. I needed to be at band practice in 5 minutes. Before you get all excited, it's just school band and I play the piano for it so it's basically just a bunch of musically gifted kids playing songs written thousands of years ago. I sighed and called my aunt telling her I was headed out. She told me not to talk to strangers and I nodded, quickly remembering she couldn't see me, and said I wouldn't into the reciever. She said good bye and I put my phone away. The car ride to practice was nice, I liked driving, it was relaxing and let me just blast my music. I had a recorded version of Unpredictable, because 5SOS still didn't have an American iTunes, blasting when I pulled up at the stoplight outside of school. Some guy was next to me and caught me singing along, he made some weird sexual gesture and revved up his engine, I rolled my eyes and flipped him off as I turned into the school parking lot. I parked my car in my spot and headed in, turning off my phone.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

*CALUM'S POV*

"You do realize you're going to have to tell her sooner or later," Luke scolded as we climbed into the van. 

I rolled my eyes, "Really Luke? You think I haven't thought of that," I asked rubbing the back of my neck. I sat down in the back of the car. Okay. So I had lied to Macie, I had never meant to. We just needed fan opinions for things and we started talking and then I just started liking her, but she said that I was her favorite so how could I get to know her if she knew who I really was? God I fucked up. 

Michael interrupted my thoughts, "Normally I wouldn't agree with Luke when it comes to girls, but you should really tell her man."

I nudged him and shook my head, "You guys think I'm stupid?"

This time Ashton chimed in, "Um yeah. You made a fake fan account, pretending to be a girl, to flirt with a fan. If that's not creepy and stupid, I don't know what is."

My head fell into my hands. "Do you guys realize how deep I'm in now," I checked my phone out of habit. Macie would be getting out of practice soon. I sent her a quick kik:

Hey. How was practice? Did you see that guy you've been talking about?

I hated asking about him, but in order to keep up, the girly best friend image, I knew I had to talk about it sometimes. Luke rolled his eyes at me, "If you keep giving her guy advice, she may actually use it and either replace 'you' or completely embarrass herself."

I bit my lip, "How do you suppose I tell her?"

Luke smiled, "Cal, have you ever heard of Skype?"

- - - - - - - - - -

*MACIE'S POV*

I got out of practice and looked at my phone. It was 7 my time which meant it was 11 in England. Alex had messaged me back, she'd be jetlagged for a while, we'd finally get a longer than a few minutes to talk. She asked about Dylan, the guy who played guitar for the band. He had sandy blonde hair and and that perfect tan even though we lived in New York state and the chances of being the surfer type were slim. He was really cute, I had to admit, but that was all I knew about him. I had mentioned him a few times and Alex had just sort of ignored it so I was surprised that she had remembered. 

I messaged her back just saying how I wasn't really sure about him. He had good looks but it ended there, besides his musical talent, he lacked a sense of humor and music taste. Not saying country doesn't have it's hits, but it just wasn't my thing. Plus for a senior, I think the whole school would be surprised if he graduated. I smirked to myself, I was a terrible person. But anyway. 

Alex soon sent through another message, Hey I was wondering if you wanted to Skype while I'm in England, my parents don't like internet friends so I never brought it up while at home, but my extended family doesn't know shit about internet friends and whatnot so they wouldn't mind the accent difference as much. 

Finally, I thought to myself, we'd actually get to talk. I messaged her back, slightly blushing at my cheesy username. Sure, just tell me when and I'll get on my computer. My skype name is Macie_Hood just add me and send the call. 

- - - - - - - - - -

*CALUM'S POV*

"Your girlfriend messaged you," Michael said, tossing my phone to me, "she's got a cute skype name," he added, wiggling his eyebrows. 

I grabbed my phone and smirked at him before looking at the screen. "Macie_hood," I read smiling, maybe this would go better than I planned.