Chapter 33

a/n: hot damn this chapter i 

*MACIE'S POV*

For the next few days, the doctors kept me in the hospital. I would've been fine to go home after a day and a half if it weren't for the nightmares. I would wake up screaming in the middle of the night, thrashing my arms every which way and one of the nurses soon realized the only way to calm me was to get Calum. And so due to that a psychologist asked to keep me in the hospital so I could start to talk about and face what had happened. For the entire duration of it, except when it was absolutely necessary for him to leave the room, Calum stayed by my side. Aunt Sue came as much as she could but George was called to a business trip so she had to stop visiting and take care of Steven, who still didn't have the slightest idea to what was actually happening. Regardless, while he was at school, she still came to drop off things for Calum like extra food money and new clothes and then she'd sit with us and update us on her life. 

On New Years Eve, my nurses let me change into normal clothes and celebrate with the countdown on tv. Calum went out and bought decorations and hung them all around the walls. We watched the performances in Times Square together.

"That'll be you one day," I whsipered close to his ear.

He turned his head to look down at me, "God I love you so much," was his only response and he kissed me hard. 

That was another thing. When I kissed him, I still got butterflies in my stomach. Every time he even touched me, my skin would light up. It was a feeling, I had finally decided that I would never get used to, nor did I want to. 

"Uh-uh," I whispered against his lips, "Save it for midnight." I looked up at him through my eye lashes and smirked. We continued watching the NYE special and finally the countdown began. Calum, pushed back the covers and we climbed out of the hospital bed and walked towards the window. The moon was high in the sky and completely full, casting down a blue-white light onto our faces. I ran my fingers along his jaw and stopped near his ear, resting my hand on his cheek. My thumb rubbed slowly and he smiled, grapping my hips and pulling me closer to him.

10.

"Well here's to practically the best year of my life," Calum beamed, his eyes smiling as much as his mouth was.

9.

"And here's to the most chaotic but definitely worth it of mine," I said, taking one of his hands off my back and lacing our fingers together.

8.

"And here's to the most beautiful girl in world who's all mine," he smiled.

7.

"And here's to the boy that I never thought I would ever be able to call mine."

6.

"To the fireworks that go off still, when I kiss you."

5.

"To the butterflies you still give me."

4.

"To giving me a chance."

3.

"To being my hero."

2. 

"To the future."

1.

I agreed, "To the future."

He brought his lips to mine and it was everything all at once. He was being gentle with me, his lips moved slowly and delicately as midnight passed as well as the extra minute. He began to pull away but I grabbed his shirt and stopped him. He looked at me confused and I bit my lip, my hands trailing down from the top of his shirt to the bottom. I slipped my fingers under the hem of it, not daring to break our eye contact, and ran my fingertips along the waistband of his jeans. His eyes darkened and he licked his lips, trying not to let his eyes fall shut.