Chapter 16.

*MACIE'S POV*

-4 Days After Calum Left-

I was sitting in my first period class when the front office secretary came onto the intercom.

"Will Macie Miller please report to the main office."

Aly and I had been talking about Calum and I. I had finally told her. The day after he left was long and tiring, I even skipped a day of school to emotionally recover from the weekend. Aly had come around to drop off my homework and some cupcakes and I had started talking and never stopped. When I finished the story of the day, she had freaked out completely and we had spent the whole night imagining "what ifs" which had resulted in some good laughs and memories. I was thankful that someone knew who wasn't my aunt or uncle. Now we were talking in class. When the announcement ended she looked at me curiously and I just shrugged.

When I walked into the office, the principal was standing in the doorway of his office.

"In here Macie," he said, motioning into the smaller room.

My heart beat sped up and I walked in and took a seat in a chair in front of his desk.

"Now Macie, please don't worry, you're not in trouble with us. Though you may be in some other sort of danger?"

He left the question hanging in the air as if waiting for me to answer, but I had no idea what he was talking about. 

I shook my head, pursing my lips.

"Ah, so you're unaware."

Even though he had previously said not to worry, my heart still rapidly beat against my skin and I could feel the sweat in my palms growing by the second. I tried to open my mouth to ask what was up, but so much as a squeak came out. 

"Macie, we recieved an anonymous tip from someone via email late last night."

I could feel my heart stop, I had no idea where this was going.

"We haven't been able to trace the email back to a person yet. The police were notified after your aunt was, they're working on it. This anonymous person, hey gave us a URL and said that the content on it may put you in danger. They also said that'd you'd recently been communicating with the owner of this website, via Twitter. We were given your twitter in the email, and it is confirmed that the user you have been talking to is linked with this website."

My head started spinning and my heart continued to pound. "What's the website?"

He shook his head, "I'd rather wait for your aunt and uncle to be here when I tell you."

My throat went dry, I shook my head again, "What do you mean? If it's about me, I should have the right to know."

"Macie, I'm just doing what I think is best. I know you're probably scared, but please just try to calm down. Can I get you some water?"

I shook my head.

"Are you sure, you don't look well."

I nodded. 

He stood up and walked out of the room and returned with a plastic cup of water anyway. He set it on the desk in front of me. "Just in case," he smiled.

I nodded again.

Ten awkward minutes later, Sue, crashed through the door. "Did we find anything out yet? Is everything okay?" Her make up was everywhere but her eyes and she looked like she was slowly losing her mind. 

"Suey, are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Oh sweet pea, I'm fine, are you okay? Don't worry babe, we're gonna get him, don't you worry."