Chapter 25

*CALUM'S POV*

The days afterward were the best few of my life. The first day after the date we all took a family trip to the zoo and the day after that we all went out to the movies and saw some Disney movie. Macie and I hadn't paid much attention to the movie as much as each other, but had spent the second half hour defending ourself from the popcorn being thrown at us by Ashton and Steven. The day after that, we all took a train into the city and walked around. We had some run ins with fans and it had been somewhat awkward, us being spotted with a random family, but no one had really cared much to find out who they were. So now people knew we were in New York, not that it mattered much, seeing that we'd leave in two days.

I woke up the morning before my last day in New York cold and alone. Before opening my eyes, I padded the bed next to me, searching for Macie but found no one. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. As the blanket fell away from my chest, I stretched out and let my legs fall off the matress, I was still wearing my jeans from last night when Macie and I had snuck out through her window for a midnight walk. I looked up into the mirror. My hair was everywhere and I had a small mark on my neck. My fingers ran over it and I smiled. Suddenly I heard a crash and scream from downstairs. I scampered out of the sheets and sprinted downstairs. When I walked into the kitchen I saw Macie standing by the stove and Luke at the counter and a bunch of pots and pans all over the ground. Both of them were in a fit of giggles. I cleared my throat as I stepped into the kitchen.

"Oh hey man, you've finally woken up," Luke said catching his breath. 

"Erm, yeah," I questioned.

Macie walked over to me wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing me quickly, "It's 1:30 in the afternoon."

My eyes grew large, "Are you serious? Why didn't you wake me up?"

She pouted, "You just looked really cute all nestled up I didn't want to disturb you."

I looked down, "So what are you two doing?"

Luke hopped off the counter, "Well this one," he explained, pointing to Macie, "Decided she wanted to make you breakfast and then she burnt like six pancakes and asked us to help and I was the only one who actually got up." 

I nodded as Macie walked back to the stove to flip the pancakes. I really wished that Luke wasn't there so that I could chase after her and lift her onto the counter and kiss her just as I had times before. He had propped himself back on the counter and was watching her. 

"No Macie, you can't wait that long," he coached. 

She poured another cup of batter.

"Flip it the other way," he added.

I watched Luke, mentally willing him to go away. He brought his legs up to his chest, clearly not going anywhere. I bit the inside of my cheek wishing for alone time, as if I didn't get enough last night. 

"Hey man, what's that on your neck," Luke asked suddenly bringing me out of my trance. 

"Hm? What?"

"No don't tell me," Luke laughed. 

I glanced at Macie who had her head in her hands, I could tell she was laughing by the way her shoulders bounced. By now Luke had jumped back off the island and was laughing his way into the hallway. Macie turned around, her face bright red and walked over to me. 

"Oh my god," she whispered, burying her face into my bare chest.

"I should've put a shirt on or something," I mumbled into her hair.

"Yeah, that would've been helpful," she replied, "But I'm not complaining," she added, pulling away and dragging her fingers all over my torso. 

I supressed a groan and grabbed her hands, "Be careful there," I warned her.