Chapter 11

*MACIE'S POV*

I turned around and lost my breath. Calum was actually standing in front of me. I had dreamed of this day for a really long time but I had always imagined it after a long day of tracking down the band. Now, here he was. In JFK. Because he wanted to hang out with me. He opened his mouth to say something but the inner fangirl inside of me decided to break free and lose her shit. 

"Oh my god," I whisper-shouted, "I love you so much," I started to cry a bit, "Sorry I told myself not to do this because technically you're still kinda Alex because you know my life story but omg I can't even because you're also the same guy I sang along to this past summer when you played at Hershey and I can't wrap my head around it. Can I have a hug?" I facepalmed myself, "You must think I'm an idiot, I'm sorry," I felt my cheeks warm.

"Macie, it's fine, calm down. It's just me. You're right, you're finally meeting Alex, just try to think of it like that, just another friend," he smiled at me and my entire body warmed up. 

"Okay, yeah, just another friend," I repeated trying to ingrain it into my head, "Well in that case, I'm taking your back pack or something so you don't have to carry everything. He tried to protest as I reached for it, "Nothing you can say will change my mind, you've already told me to treat you the same," I said with mock authority. He shrugged and grabbed his suitcase.

"But you can still have a hug," he said before we walked off. The butterflies in my stomach had reawoken and I had to fight to keep my tears back. My arms wrapped around my sunshines neck and he brought his hands to meet around my waist. I smiled into his shoulder and gripped him tight. 

"Thank you," I whispered again, "You have no idea how much you mean to me."

I was surprised by my forwardness but I had every intention in telling him exactly how much he changed my life and I wouldn't let a fake indentity or even the truth ruin that. 

- - - - - - - -

*CALUM'S POV*

So far, I had done well with staying hidden, however as we neared the exit of the airport, I heard the all to familiar screams. Macie turned to face me and I dared to look behind me. A swarm of girls had just walked into the door next to us and they had spotted me. 

"Macie, run," I firmly told her.

"Why? They just want autographs or pictures," she replied obliviously.

"I know but then they'll tell their friends and we'll get mobbed. I already took pictures with a few and normally I would stop but I don't want you to get hurt."

The girls had locked in on us and were sprinting now. Macie turned on her heel and ran towards the door leading to the parkinglots. I ran behind her, keeping close. With my luggage we were slowing down immensely. As we sprinted through the automatic doors leading outside, I noticed a small allew between two large buses parked along the sidewalk. Thinking fast, I grabbed Macie's hand and pulled her into the opening. The space was small and we ended up pressed against the sides of the buses, her head coming up to just below my chin. She giggled.

"What's so funny?"

"It's not everyday I have to run away from screaming girls," she whispered.

Just then the pack of girls sprinted past us.

"I think they went this way!" One shouted.

"Who was that girl with him?" Another asked. 

"Ew what if they're dating?"

"Ew no, he wouldn't go for her."

"I'm sure she's no one, let's just find them!" And so on.

I breathed out and looked down at Macie. Her brown eyes stared back at me. I gulped and raised my hand to get her sweat stuck hair out of her face. She smiled and playfully hit at my shoulder.