Chapter 38

*MACIE'S POV*

"Calum! Give it back," I yelled, chasing him around the room again, reaching for my favorite shirt, "Seriously Luke is gonna accuse us of going at it again if we don't get downstairs eventually." The initial accusation had been extremely awkward for all parties involved and thanks to mine and Calum's inability to lie once we'd been caught, we had given in quite quickly. However it was comforting to know that the others had been amusingly entertained by the whole revelation and would continue to tease us about it for the duration of the trip. After a somewhat awkward breakfast, Michael had bothered us enough to convince us to go to the zoo and we all went every which way to prepare for the day. 

Calum stopped running causing me to run into his back. He turned around and grabbed my waist and pushed me against the wall. "He was right the first time," he whispered as his lips traveled from right below my ear, down my neck. I tried to contain myself and push him away, but he wouldn't budge. He smirked and kissed me, his lips greedily attacking mine, digging as deep into the kiss as possible. He had put so much power into it, that I had been brought to my tiptoes. I mumbled something into his mouth and wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to draw him closer. His hands gripped my hips and pulled me up to him. Just as I was about to jump up and wrap my legs around his torso, he stopped. Before I could even open my eyes, before I knew it he was gone. I looked down and saw my shirt in my hands and quickly shrugged it off. Calum now stood on the opposite side of the room and was tugging on his own shirt.

We arrived in the middle of a very crowded, very busy, parking lot, complete with a never ending row of yellow school buses and mobs of children. 

"It's fucking noon on a Wednesday man, what the fuck is with all the people?" Michael complained as a group of little boys weilding toy swords ran past us. 

I eyed Michael and rolled my eyes as Luke let out a laugh. "School trips?" He guessed, his tongue playing with his lip ring as he watched the realization hit his friend.

"Oh come on Michael, they're educating themselves on animalia habitat," Ashton explained trying to sound scholarly. 

"I just wanted to make up funny conversations for between the monkeys and now I can't because I have to censor," he added airquotes, "because of my overdose of audience."

"Oi just go stare at them already," Calum whined, shoving his friend towards the path to the indoor exhibits.

Michael rolled his own eyes and angrily stalked off towards the reptile house, muttering a stream of f-bombs despite the children surrounding him.

- - - - - - -

"Guys," Michael whined, "This isn't as fun as the internet said it would be." Ashton laughed next to him and shook his head, instantly bothering Michael and making it very obvious he was bothered.

"Who are you laughing at you dick?" He glared.

"You trusted the internet on fun things to do at the zoo," Ashton chuckled. 

Luke spoke up from the back wall, his eyes still on his phone, "How about we just go home and go to the beach or something. Michael you can find some seagulls to create conversations for."

Michael rolled his eyes and huffed, walking off to the exit. The rest of us followed him in suit. As we walked, I reached for Calum's hand and he slightly pulled away and hesitated before taking mine. As we walked back to the car, I kept trying to sneak a glance at Calum's face, trying to figure out why he had pulled away earlier and now again here, but I couldn't find anything to explain it. 

Once in the car, Calum took out his phone and started scrolling through twitter. His normal cheerful complextion was replaced by frustration. I tried to peek over his shoulder at what he was looking at, but he quickly pressed the home button and put his phone down on the seat.