Chapter 9

*MACIE'S POV*

I could hear the blood rushing through me, my heart beat rose to my throat as I tried to grasp what was happening. Within a second, however I was screaming. My arms were flailing, my body was going crazy, I nearly fell off my bed. As I tried to regain my balance, I gave up and let myself fall. When I hit the ground I silently screamed some more and hit my fists on the ground. 

"You're Calum fucking Hood and you're talking to me right now, over skype. This isn't a fucking prank right," I was crying now, my voice hoarse from screaming so much. My skin was burning and my hair stuck to my face. I didn't even dare look in the mirror. "I swear to fucking god, Alex, if you're there and this is some sick fucking joke, I will kill you," I yelled for good measure. 

"Um, no it's actually me."

I screamed again, my tears coming more now. I could barely breathe.

"But you're and I'm so and you're you and I just I can't even, I love you so much, oh my god, I can't how is this you are you oh my god," I was so close to hyperventalating. 

"Calm down Macie, I want to explain myself," said Calum. Said the boy I spent my nights crying over. Said the boy who I spammed and hit tweet limit for. Said the boy who's pictures took up every inch of my walls. Shit, I thought, turning my head, wincing at my posters in the background. I managed to calm down for a split second. 

"Will you exucse me for a second?" Calum stared back at me and gave a nod. I quickly scampered off my bed and dashed into the hallway, slipping on the wooden floor beneath me because of how much I was sweating. The minute I closed the door, I fell to the ground. I screamed and cried and shook. After a good few minutes, I heard footsteps on the stairs. I pushed myself up to see a very concerned Aunt Sue staring at me. 

"Macie, are you okay? What happened? Is it him?"

I pushed my hair from my eyes as my shaky arm held up my body weight. I shook my head, my body trembling. I began to speak, but all I could manage was a squeak. 

"Aunt Sue. Calum Hood is on my computer," I whispered.

"Okay deary, and what's so different about this time as apart from all the others?"

I wiped my eyes with shaking hands, "N-no," I stuttered, "Like he's on my screen," she looked at me puzzled asking me to continue so that she would understand. 

"Aunt Sue. You know Alex right?" 

She nodded.

"Okay, so what if I told you that Alex wasn't really Alex, in fact Alex isn't even a girl. Alex is actually Calum from 5sos and he's sitting there on my skype screen right now waiting for me to come back because he just revealed his identity-" my voice cracked and I put my hand over my mouth, the wonder of the story filling my head for the millionth time.

"Well if you told me that, I honestly wouldn't believe you. But if you told me that in the state you're in right now, I have no choice but to."

I looked up at her, pushing myself into a sitting position, still shaky, but that was expected. "What do I do?"

Aunt Sue put her head in her hands. "Macie, you've been dedicating your life to this band and now that you have a band member on your skype, you're asking me what to do? I swear I'll never understand you."

I smiled and nodded, "You're right," I stood up, falling slightly to the right, catching myself on the wall.

Aunt Sue moved towards me but I gestured that I'd be alright. 

"Well, if you call for me and I don't answer, send an ambulance," I said half joking as I reached for my doornob.

"Will do sweetheart."