Chapter 10

I walk home but I take my time I really don't want to go home not after hearing what happened there, but before I know it I'm on my front porch. I unlock the door and walk in everything seems normal I sit on the couch, then I hear a ding I look down at my phone and see aunt Lora texted me telling me she's going to be home late.

Great maybe Kate was just making up that story to scare me but then I remember the moving guys even if what they are saying is true ghost aren't real so nothing can hurt me.

I watch a movie in the living room with every single light on, when I hear a noise its faint but I hear something like shuffling coming from the basement I shake my head and continue watching the movie but I still hear it, it won't hurt to go check it out, it could either be my imagination, the house settling or a ghost or maybe just someone wanting to murder me.

I go to the kitchen and grab some salt I saw it on a episode on supernatural and I head over to the basement door I take a deep breath and open the door I turn the light on so I can see.

I take one step at a time I don't hear any noise it dead silent I then realized if there is anybody down here who is actually alive I have nothing to defend myself with, God I'm stupid but I'm already half way down the steps.

I finally reach the last steps I look to my left but I don't see anything but our junk and stuff that was left here I look around but it looks normal and I don't hear anything I turn around to go back upstairs but I hear a shaky breath that's not mine.

"Hello" I call out like a idiot no one answers thankfully

"I'm not scared of you" I say out loud but I'm not even entirely convinced

I walk over to the bookcase and everything in the basement is surprisingly clean
even the stuff that was left here this is the only room in this house that was actually clean.

Luke POV

I hear her footsteps coming down the steps she has really good hearing I wasn't even being that loud.

My first instinct is to duck behind the couch I don't know why it's not like she can see me, I stay quiet I don't hear her anymore I let out a shaky breathe.

"Hello" she calls out I stay quiet maybe she'll go back upstairs

"I'm not afraid of you" she says I hear her footsteps I look up and see her in front of the bookcase looking at it, I stand up realizing how stupid I'm acting she can't see me she can hear me but that's all

I walk over to her standing a couple steps behind her ad serving her, then she turns around and faces me her mouth flies open and her eyes go big there's no way she can see me but then she scream.