Chapter 39

I know Luke said he didn't want to know about his sister but it's been driving me crazy, I want to know what happened to her and make sure she's alright.

I hope Luke doesn't hate me for this.

I go to the local library hoping to find something.

"Hi miss?" I ask as I walk up to the library counter

"Hello how may I help you" the lady says

"I'm looking for a news article from 1993" I tell her

"Um okay I'll get them for you" she says confused

I go and sit at the table, the librarian gives me a small box of new clippings.

"Here" she says and walks away

I start going through it, it's mostly either wedding announcements or some kind of celebration all happy stuff.

Finally I come across a new article titled

"The Cane street murder"
Two teenage siblings who had been living with their foster mother for over a year. The family seemed happy until the night of the 12th when Luke Parker went into a rage and beat his sister Lucy Parker into a coma while leaving Miss Eva Watson with minor injuries. Miss Eva Watson told police she had to push Luke Parker off of her and Lucy causing his death. The boy was 17 at the time. His sister Lucy awoke from her coma after 3 months and couldn't be reach for an interview. The town will never be the same after this devastating event.

I close my eyes tightly not being able to look at the article anymore.

It's all lies! Poor Luke everyone thinks he's a murder when he was just trying to protect his sister.

Everyone thinks Miss Eva Watson is the victim when she's the one that tried to kill both of them.

But his sister is still alive. She's out there somewhere. Luke will be happy to hear that.

I walk over to one of the library's computer, And Google Lucy Parker, but nothing comes up.

I groan in annoyance.

"Is everything okay?" The librarian asks me

"Yeah" I shrug disappointed

"Are you doing a paper on something?"

"Yeah actually it's about The Cane Street Murder"I lie

"O" she looks at me confused "I actually knew the girl that lived in that house"

"Really?" I say getting excited

"Yes we went to the same high school she was a couple year younger. It such a shame what happened" she shakes her head and purses her lips

"Do you know what happened to her?" I ask

"I know she moved out of town as soon as she was released from the hospital"

"I tried googling her name but nothing comes up"

"She got married so maybe try Lucy Marin"

"Thank you" I smile

"No problem good luck on your project and I hope she's doing okay" she gives me a smile before walking away to go help someone else

I google Lucy Marin.

I finally get a hit. There's not much on her though.

Even though she's older she looks like Luke, they have the same eyes and smile.

She looks happy. I know Luke will like that.

I see a phone number on her profile.

"Miss" I call out to the librarian

"Yes" she walks back over to me

"Is there a phone I could use?" I asks

"Yes right over there" she points

"Thanks again" I tell her and walk over to the phone

I dial the number and hold my breath until I hear a woman's voice "Hello?"