Getting Comfortable

After the awkward breakfast encounter, you had quickly made your way back to your room, bringing your slice of toast, along with a full cup of coffee along with you. Sam was still no where to be found, and you thought it was kind of interesting that for a hunter he was sure sleeping in late.

Shutting your door, you quickly turned on your music player, drowning out the silence with your favorite songs playing in the background. It was an eclectic mixture of music, songs that you had danced along to in high school, songs that you liked now, along with those songs that reminded you of your parents and the music they loved. Right now Simple Man was playing, your Dad's all time favorite song. He would hum this song no matter what he was doing, working on his car, cooking you breakfast, it was his comfort song, and now it was yours.

Crunching on your toast, you considered how much your life had changed in such a short amount of time. Just a couple of days ago, you were sitting in a bar, no family, no friends or acquaintances in your life at all. You lived out of motels, with greasy food upsetting your stomach on a nightly basis. Now, here you were, in your own room, with a huge library just beyond, and a couple of guys who had taken you in. And while Dean was still a little stand offish and rude, Sam was being extremely kind and helpful. And you weren't used to it, at all. You were used to men who wanted you for nothing more than a quick lay, men who started off as sweet, but as the night rolled on showed their true colors, and you would end up going home alone. 

It felt good to have a place you knew you were welcome at, that you could live here as long as you wanted. Or as long as Dean let you. That was the only problem with your new situation. While Sam was kind, and more than willing to help you out, Dean had been nothing but a pain in your ass. He was rude, and sarcastic, and seemed to hate you as much as you disliked him. Yeah, he was handsome, with his glorious summer grass green eyes, and those lips that just begged to be kissed. But the way his eyes glared daggers at you let you know his true feelings for you. And in a small way, it made you sad.

Sighing, you tossed what was left of your toast in your trash can, before gathering up your clothes for the day. A shower was needed, and then maybe you could spend the rest of your time getting used to your new surroundings. Opening the door to your room, you proceeded down the hallway, your thoughts on all the books in the library, and not exactly where you were going. Once you reached the door you thought was the bathroom, you reached out to grasp the handle, only to meet with bare skin instead. Your pupils blown wide, you tilted your head up, your hand still awkwardly on the silky and wet skin in front of you. 

Dean was standing there, a smirk on his face, water droplets falling from his hair, sliding down his firm chest, to the fluffy white towel covering his hips. Snatching your hand back, you blushed hard, for the first time in your life. "Like what you see? Because there's more where that came from." He teased, making the moment even worse, and you wanted nothing more than to turn and head back to your room, crawl under your covers and die. 

Taking a deep breath, you took a step closer to him, watching as he licked his lips, his gaze heady as he took you in. "Dean." You whispered, and he nodded slightly. "I could say something smart ass, but it would probably take you all day to figure it out. And I just really want to hop in the shower right now. So, why don't you go put some clothes on, got it?"

His mouth opened, and he stood there in shock while you maneuvered around him, shutting the door behind you. As soon as you turned the lock, you slid down the door, taking deep steadying breaths. Because truthfully, you had liked what you had seen, a lot. He was an amazing specimen of a man, with all his muscles from years of hunting, but still a little softer than you had imagined. And you had wanted nothing more than to pull the towel from his hips, and jump into his arms, letting whatever happens, happen. 

Turning on the ancient, locker room type shower, you slid out of your clothes, hoping the warm water would distract you enough that you would forget about wanting to lick that one small droplet of water that had made it's way down from his neck to his chest.

After what was probably one of the longest showers you had ever taken, you felt much better and in control of yourself. Slipping on your favorite jeans, along with your favorite fitted t-shirt, you slipped out of the bathroom, making sure Dean wasn't in sight. After depositing your pajamas back in your room, you made your way into the library, seeing Sam for the first time that morning. "Wow, you finally got out of bed?" You said, before wanting to slap a hand over your mouth. More often than not, you had no filter on your mouth, and it got you in a lot of trouble. "Sorry, none of my business." You apologized, sitting down in the wooden chair across from him. 

"You don't have to apologize. But truthfully, I've been up since six. I always go for a run in the mornings when we're at the bunker." He explained, leaning back in his chair and lacing his fingers together on his stomach. "But how about you? Did you sleep well?"

"Not too bad. The mattress is comfortable, better than most motel ones. But I'm thinking of running to town, getting a different blanket, a softer one. Oh, and the showers? The water pressure is amazing!" You gushed, before it reminded you of a dripping wet Dean, and you felt like blushing again.

Sam chuckled. "That's what Dean said. He loves the showers here. And as for the blanket, I'll text Dean, let him know to pick you up one. He ran to town for errands. You need anything else?"

"He went to town?" You asked. "And no, nothing else."

Sam reached over, grabbing his phone that was laying on the table. "He seemed a little preoccupied, and flustered. Said something about needing to get away. I hope he wasn't rude with you again." 

As he started typing away on his phone, you nervously chewed on your lip, wondering if you and Dean could survive living under the same roof, together.