Missing Emotions

It felt wrong, following Brigid out of the warehouse. It was like you hadn't had a previous life, or a care in the world. Sure, you remembered who Sam and Dean were, but they were just that, a memory. Your heart didn't flip when you thought of Dean, and you could care less if they were out there looking for you. 

It was actually kind of freeing. Not having to worry about emotions, or people that kept you tied down. Brigid was your only worry, and making her happy. Following her as she glided down the street, people moving out of her way as she passed by. It was as if they could tell she was a goddess, a person not to be messed with. 

Walking through town, Brigid stopped in front of a five store motel, glancing up at it thoughtfully. "We do need accommodations. This should do nicely."

Following her into the gleaming marble entry way, you didn't even bat an eye as she spelled the front desk clerk, earning a free suite with her skills. Beckoning you, the two of you made your way up to the top floor, where your room was the fanciest you had probably ever seen. "This feels weird." She admitted to you. "As if I'm, what do you call it? Slumming with humans. I miss my palace, with it's gleaming white walls, and the  souls that take care of me. I only have you, and I'm not sure how I'm going to get by."

"I'm here for your every command." You promised her. "I can do the work of ten people."

"Shh, I'm not complaining about you. I know you will do fine. I just feel like I'm lowering myself for this, and I don't care for it."

Watching as she lounged gracefully on the bed, you stood there, waiting for her to command you. "How about you head down to the nearest market, and procure nourishment for the both of us. I prefer fruits, and cheese."

Nodding, you escaped the room, ready to please her. Instead of waiting for the slow elevator, you raced down the stairs, heading outside into the now drizzling rain. Not even noticing the cold rain drenching your clothes, you made your way down the sidewalk, looking for a store that was fancy enough for your mistress.

Passing one block, then another, you were shaken from your almost trance by the squeal of tires. Without even looking to see what had caused the ruckus, you had kept moving, intent on completing your mission.

"Y/N, wait!" A familiar voice yelled out, and with a dispassionate glance, you noticed Dean running towards you, splashing through the puddles in his haste to get to you. "Sam told me what happened! How are you?"

"I'm perfect." You answered curtly. "Never been better actually."

There must have been something in the town of your voice because he stopped dead in his tracks, staring at you. "So it's true. That goddess did something to you."

"She freed me." You explained easily. "Everything is so much clearer, better now without emotions clouding my decisions."

"Y/N, come with me and we can try to break her hold on you." He offered, and you took a step back from his threat. 

"No, I don't want this broken. I like it. I love Brigid and I will do anything for her." You argued, your eyes narrowing as he took another step towards you. 

"Leave me alone." You muttered, trying to rush past him. To get back to your errand. Reaching out he grasped your arm, his hold tight and you tried to pull away from it.

"Y/N, you don't know what you're saying!" He exclaimed, ignoring the curious looks of those passing by as he held on tight. "Let me help you!"

"No!" You yelled, just as Sam came rushing from where there black car sat. Seeing the predicament in front of him, he ran behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist, easily picking you up.

Dean let go, and you started swinging again. Moving both your arms and legs, your foot connected with Dean's groin. Watching as he almost collapsed to the ground, you swung your arm backwards, connecting with Sam's gut. Grunting, he held on tight, wrapping his arms around yours, effectively cutting off that form of attack. "Damn it Y/N, we're trying to help!"

"I don't need your help!" You screamed, as an old lady swung her purse at Dean.

"You two mean men let go of that young woman!" She yelled. "I'm going to call the police!"

"You do that lady." Dean grumbled, as Sam started moving along with you still in his arms. Fighting every step of the way, Sam had a hard time shoving you in the backseat. Taking a pair of handcuffs from the trunk, Dean slapped them on your wrists, before attaching them to the handle in the back. Stuck, with no way to get out, you kicked the back of their seat as they climbed inside.

"Damn it Y/N quit it!" Dean exclaimed. "Take it out on us, but don't take it out on Baby!"

"Screw your stupid car!" You yelled. "Just let me get back to Brigid. She's going to be missing her fruit and cheese."

"Wow, she really did a number on you. Hopefully it's nothing like Crowley's." Dean muttered, squealing tires as he pulled away from the curb just as siren's sounded in the distance. "Why is she always getting spelled?"

"Dean, it's not her fault." Sam argued. "She did this to save me. Without her taking this on, I would have been a sacrifice to Brigid."

Sighing, Dean rubbed a hand over his mouth tiredly. "I know. And I can never repay her enough for that. Which makes this even worse. I was horrible to her when you were missing, and now she doesn't even care enough about me to give a shit about my apology."

"So, we fix this thing with Brigid, and then you can grovel. Y/N loves you, she will understand."

"I don't love him anymore." You interrupted, not missing the pair of green eyes staring at you through the rear view mirror, full of hurt. "I'm not sure I ever did. Brigid opened my eye up to these things. Sure, I had feelings for him, but who knows what those feelings actually were. Maybe lust,  because sure, he is really hot. But love? That is an emotion that doesn't exist."