Confusion

While you waited for Dean to return with the supplies, you sat down at the table next to Sam, still feeling a little flustered from the run in with Dean this morning. While he seemed rude, and self centered, you couldn't help admiring his strong physic from hunting. It wasn't overly muscular, but that was part of his charm. And man did he have the charm. You might have only known these men for a couple of days now, but you could already tell Dean was used to getting any woman he wanted, just by a twitch of his fingers.

Sighing, you began tapping your fingers against the table in front of you. Yes Dean was hot, with his sage green eyes, and his freckles that crossed his nose and his chest, but you didn't want to find yourself in a relationship with him. He annoyed you to no end, and you didn't want to mess up the first real family or friend relationship that you've had since your dad died.

"Y/N." Sam's voice rang out in the quiet bunker, causing your head to shoot up in alarm. You were so caught up in your inner fight about Dean you hadn't even realized your fingers were tapping the table, or that Sam's attention was now on you, an eyebrow raised, his hands still on the keyboard in front of him.

"Sorry." You muttered, stilling your hand, but still he looked at you. You squirmed in your seat, his gaze not mean, but he was still so much a stranger that the look in his hazel eyes could have meant anything.

He sighed, before closing his computer and resting his hands on it. "I know it must be weird. Coming from a life of solidarity, to live in a weird bunker with two strange men."

"Well, when you put it that way..." You say, pretending to move your chair back. But what he said was true. This was a huge change to you, one that you might have jumped into too fast. Hell, you didn't even know them for crying out loud. They said they were hunters, and you believed them, especially when they helped kill that vamp. But what else did you know about them. You had never heard of them before, but that didn't mean anything. Your Dad had kept to himself, which in turn meant you kept to yourself. 

"Woah!" He answered, throwing his large hands up in the air. "I didn't mean it like that. I just meant, here you are, new to the bunker, and us, and Dean's run off, and I'm ignoring you to do research. That was completely rude and inconsiderate of us."

Shrugging your shoulders, you brushed off his apology. "It's no big deal. I know you guys are busy, and you were kind enough to take me in. I don't expect you to change your lives just because I'm here."

"Thank God." You heard Dean say from behind you, before he tossed a big bag your way. You caught it, glaring at him, but he didn't even notice. He dropped the bags on the other side of the table before slouching down in one of the wooden seats, kicking his legs up on the table. "I was worried you would expect us to treat you like a princess. You got the attitude for it."

You could feel your blood boiling, and you wanted to do nothing more than march over there and smack that smug look off of his face. But, for Sam's sake, you stayed where you were, clenching your hands in fists instead. "Well it takes a princess to know a princess, princess." You sassed back, watching as his smile faltered.

"Hey, I'm not a princess. A knight, maybe, but no princess." He argued, as Sam cleared his throat. 

"Are you done?" Sam asked his brother, his tone dry and annoyed. 

"Whatever. I'm going to go put stuff away." Dean announced, grabbing the bags and storming off to the kitchen, leaving you alone with Sam once again. 

"I'm sorry about him. Usually he flirts with any female. I've never really seen him act this way with a woman before. Don't worry, he should come around." Sam apologized for his brother, and you wondered if he did that often.

"It's not your fault. But if my being here is going to throw him off that much, maybe I..." You started, not wanting to leave, but not wanting to be in the way either. 

"No, stay. It's nice having someone to talk to, besides Dean. And I'm pretty sure he'll come around." Sam said, his gaze on the hallway that led to the kitchen, where you could both hear Dean singing off key. "So, what do you want to do? I could show you around the bunker, get you used to the big, drafty place if you want."

"If it's alright with you, maybe we could do that tomorrow. I feel like heading back to my room, relaxing for a bit. I haven't done that in a long time. And I have a new blanket to try out." You said, holding up the bag for emphasis.

Sam chuckled. "Yes you do. Well, let me know if you need anything. And Dean will probably be cooking tonight, so we'll let you know when that happens."

"Thanks Sam." You said, trying to convey the meaning that it meant for everything, not just for being nice at that moment. Hugging your bag to your chest, you made your way through the hallway, wondering how many rooms were actually in this place, and what they all stored. Your door was open, and you were more than a little surprised to see Dean had already beaten you to your room. "Dean? What are you doing in here?" You asked him, and he froze in his spot. On your bed was another bag, and in his hand was your picture frame. Rushing forward, you took it from his hands, carefully setting it back down. You couldn't imagine anything happening to it.

"Sorry. I was going through items, and I forgot I had gotten you some other things." He said, pointing to the bag. "Is that your parents?"

"Yeah. That was taken about a month before my Mom died." You said, your eyes sad as you remembered the day. It had been a happy day, one of the few days she had actually felt okay enough to go to the park. 

"Losing a parent sucks, no matter how they die." Dean said, catching you off guard.

"I take it both your parents are gone?" You asked, a little weirded out that you were having a normal conversation with Dean for once. 

"Yeah. Mom died when I was four. Dad about three years ago." He admitted.

"I'm sorry." You said softly, placing your hand on his arm, and you could feel the muscle clench underneath the layers of clothing.

"And this? You still carry around a teddy bear?" He teased, turning the somber mood in the room back into one of annoyance. 

"Hey, be careful with that! It was my mom's." You told him, and he sit it back down, moving to head out of the room.

"Well, if you get tired of cuddling with your teddy bear at night, my room's right down the hall." He said, winking before he closed the door behind him, and you let out an exasperated sigh.