Flirting with the Devil

You stared at the well dressed man, trying to read him as you reached for a weapon. He was confident, you could tell that from the way he stood. "Who the hell are you?" You asked, pulling your gun out from the back of your pocket.

"Hell is the keyword. And I'm afraid that won't harm me at all." He said, walking forward, and you took a step back, your senses on high alert. But instead of trying to harm you, he sat down in the vacant chair, magically procuring a glass of whiskey.

"What are you?" You whispered. In your hunting, you stuck mainly to the everyday monsters, leaving the bigger and badder monsters to those such as the Winchesters, even if you hadn't heard of them before.

"The King of Hell, my darling, at your service." He purred. "Better known as Crowley."

You sank down into the other chair, your gun falling to the table. If it was true, and he was the King of Hell, then your gun would do little more than piss him off. "The King of Hell? Why are you here?"

"I could sense a hunter getting close to one of my pets. And I wanted to make sure nothing happened to Juliet." He said, before taking a sip.

Your brain was having a hard time wrapping around what was going on in front of you. "Juliet?"

He sighed, before setting his glass down. "My, you are a slow one for being a hunter. Juliet is my hell hound. Yes, it was a hell hound that killed that man. He had made a deal, and it was his time to go. I came and collected on it, even though I don't have to do so anymore. Now, are we all caught up?"

You nodded, and he procured another glass full of whiskey. "Here, drink. Looks like you could need it."

You took a sip of the liquid, almost choking as it went down. It was smooth, but had a bite at the end. "So you're here. What do you want with me?"

He drummed his fingers on the tabletop, lost in thought. "Hmm, I'm not sure yet. You are pretty for a hunter, and maybe you could come in handy if you were on my side." He muttered mostly to himself, stopping when your phone rang. You reached over the table to grab it, but Crowley beat you to it. Not wanting him to answer it for you, you stood up, but with a flick of his wrist you were back in your chair, unable to move. "Dean? As in Dean Winchester?" Crowley asked, his voice rising an octave. "Of course you know him! You're a pretty girl, and they always seem to fall right into his lap."

You weren't sure if he was mad, or maybe jealous, but you could do nothing but watch as he clicked the green answer button, before turning it onto speaker. "Y/N, are you alright? You were supposed to check in hours ago!" 

You tried answering, but the magic that had you trapped to the chair had also taken your voice. The silence freaked Dean out even more. "Damn it! I knew you weren't going to visit a friend! I saw your laptop! I'm on my way." He said, ready to hang up.

"Oh, I wouldn't hang up yet Squirrel." Crowley said smugly. Squirrel? You thought to yourself, wondering why he had given Dean such a weird nickname.

"Damn it  Crowley. What the hell are you doing there?" Dean growled, making you realize that these two knew each other, and from the sounds of it pretty well. 

"Y/N was going to go after my precious hell hound. Of course I had to stop her." Crowley explained as if he was talking to someone a little slower in the head. 

"Well, she hasn't killed your stupid dog yet has she? So let her go!" Dean ordered, and you could hear Sam in the background, asking what was going on.

"Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. You see, she's so pretty, and is sitting her so nicely. And you two have become quite the pain in my neck. Maybe if I take her far away, it will teach the two of you a lesson. Never mess with me again, or I will fuck with the things that matter most to you." He said, his voice low and dripping with threats.

You could hear Dean cussing in the background, before he spoke again. And his words tore a hole through your heart. "But you have it wrong. Y/N is just a hunting colleague, that's it. She doesn't mean that much to me." 

Crowley was watching you instead of the phone, and even though you were being held invisibly to the chair, you still tensed up at Dean's words, and a silent tear fell down your cheek. After the ghost hunt where you had kissed him, Dean had been acting odd and distant towards you, saying it was nothing. But maybe it was because he truly regretted the kiss, and just thought of you as nothing but another hunter to deal with.

"Well, I'm not sure you could say the same for her." Crowley said, surprising you when he leaned forward and wiped the tear from your cheek. "But oh well. It's up to you. Leave her to rot, or find her, I don't care. But she's not coming back to you."

With that, Crowley hung up your phone, smashing your phone under his shiny black loafers. "Well there, I feel better now, don't you?"

After realizing you couldn't speak, he waved his hand, and you  could once again move. "What did you do Crowley? You know Dean won't come after me. Am I really worth your time?" You asked him, and in another surprising move, he came to stand close to you, cupping your cheek with his hand.

"Yes, I think you are." He said, his deep chocolate eyes gazing into yours. "And even if they don't come looking for you, maybe I can convince you to be on my side. I think you would make a great asset." He said, before grabbing your hand, and you felt the whole world spin. It was like riding a roller coaster without light. You lost control of your balance as you spun up and down, over and sideways. You almost lost your lunch, twice, before the feeling immediately stopped and you were trying to catch your breath. Looking around, you saw yourself placed in a fancy hotel suite, with a king sized bed, and it's very own sitting room.

"I know it's not as dusty or drafty as their blasted bunker. But this should do nicely for you. When I come back, I'll bring you clothes and other items you may need for your extended stay." He told you, before vanishing right in front of your eyes.

MagneticOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara