Chapter 2: Late Night Movie

The next day was a blur. I woke up to a text from Jacob " Hey Ty,  sorry I didn't see your good night text...  I'm really looking forward to going out tonight. c;" I giggled quietly,  but loud enough to where my mom overheard. "Baby , I know that look. somebody is either in love , or saw a cute pair of shoes online for less than $100 and we both know it ain't option two cause I checked...  twice!  (smirk) What's going on with you this morning? " Oh nothing , this guy at school asked me to the movies tonight , I tried to say nonchalantly. My mom stared at me with a sweet sweet look and said "You know how beautiful you are , guys will come stepping to you anytime and any place . You sure he's worth talking to?" See , Mom that's the thing. He is different to me. He is sweet and his eyes... They give off a vibe I've never experienced. I think I should give him a go. "Okay Hun , I'll let you get ready for school now , have fun tonight. Okay?" I hugged my mom ,  got dressed in some sweats , a white tank and my grapes (Jordan's ) , and pulled my hair up and left for school. I went to my first four classes , but Jacob wasn't there. I worried a bit ,  but let it go. As I walked to lunch , a girl walked up to me. "Hey , My name is Keitrel , and I saw you yesterday with Jacob. He's every girl's dream! You're really lucky.  I thought maybe you'd want to get lunch with me ,  considering hes not here (smiles) . Of course ! , I Smile back and grab some lunch. Normally, I prefer going off campus ,  but the lunch was pretty good today.  Keitrel and I decided to eat in my car,  and get to know each other.  "So , where are you from? " , She said with a mouth full of fries. Texas. We moved here because my mom got a job at StyleFreaksInc. designing clothes. I've been here for about a week now. She nods her head. "Cool . I've been here for 3 months now. It's a pretty local place ,  with a few cute guys. This boy,  Brandon ,  Is captain of the football team. I like him ,  but I dont know if he even notices me. What ? You're really pretty , to me. I bet by the end of this week , hanging with me ? He'll be head over heels for you! "Aww , thank you ! But I've heard rumors all over school about you. Every boy who's any boy wants to talk to Ms. New girl and the girls want to hang. I just thought you were cool ! Plus,  I have you for Algebra 2 (laughs) I'm not arrogant. I guess It's God's gift.  but I guess we should head back to campus , we have at least 6 mins left. We walked in school , laughing and joking all the way. I admit , Kietrel is a nice girl. I could tell at that moment that we were perfect pals . As the day went by, I wondered where Jacob might've been. On the way to my house , I saw Kietrel walking and decided to give her a ride home . After that ,  I went inside and texted Jacob. No Show Today?  He instantly replied " Nahhh,  my car wouldn't start" You could've texted me,  I would've gave you a ride!  "That Would've been too much of a bother. So , you're ready for our date? " Of course ! I'm getting ready. How about 6? After that , I didnt get a reply. I showered and put on a black half shirt , exposing my pierced belly,  and some pants with rips , with my black , red , and white Adidas. I let my hair hang , put on some red lipstick , and grabbed my red prada purse. I sat on my bed anticipating his arrival. Pretty soon ,  my mom came in my room , telling me that she has to make a quick trip to the airport for a fashion expo in NY for the rest of the week. She packed and left , telling me to be safe and to call her when Jacob arrives. I waved her goodbye and sat down in the living room. 7 o'clock passed.... Then 8 . Then 9. Finally , I gave up and started walking upstairs , when I got a knock on the door. I went to answer. Jacob,  what are you doing here?  It's 11 at night! You're beyond late. He stepped closer to me "I'm so sorry. I was having car troubles and I had to get it fixed. I brought you a rose to make up for lost time. Please forgive me? " He made that pouty face , and I just gave in. He grabbed me by the hand ,  and we walked to his all black mustang. We drove silently to the movies,  and decided on a Rated R scary movie. We sat alone up top,  sharing a big bag of popcorn. During the scary parts , I'd jump , making Jacob chuckle and grab my hand. at first I wanted to pull away , but his hands were warm and comforting so I let him. For a second , I looked into his eyes ,  flirtatiously , and he looked back , darkly  making me fall  into almost a trance. I didn't see the theater screen or the buttered popcorn. I saw a little boy crouched in a corner,  bleeding with his eyes scoured out of his head,  black and purple bruises with his mouth stuck in a grin,  cheeks cut upward into a smile that would forever lie. I saw a little boy much smaller,  with curly hair,  green eyes,  screaming, watching a little girl drown in a lake with a big dead tree dead in the center of the water.  I saw myself floating middair,  my chest open,  blood floating above me in letters "Mastalya " I Screamed Out.....  "Ty,  you okay? " Uh yeaa. I'm okay. can we go? This movie is freaking me out.