Chapter 7 : Mastalya

A week went by,  Jacob didn't come around anymore,  nor did he show up to school. It seemed that I had changed completely. It seemed that everywhere I went , people just couldn't stop staring. Guys basically broke their necks trying to talk to me. Girls always tried to join my circle. It was fun,  but too pressuring. I ran into Kietrel while I was driving home ,  hanging outside of an apartment complex. Hey,  Where have you been?  I haven't seen you at school lately. She walked slowly to the car ."I've been around. Really,  You're the one who changed on me. After that first week of school,  you have been getting a lot of looks and people are talking. Ever since you.started hanging with Jacob, everyone thinks you're too good to even conversate with others." It's not like that,  I promise. I wish I could tell you,  but I don't know if I can. She gave me a funny face.  "See?  I thought we were cool. Is Jacob all you care about?" No,  Keitrel. I'll tell you,  I Will. It's just too much to talk about. "Don't bother,  I made new friends " ... A black car pulled up in front of mines. She climbed into the front seat and kissed the driver. I couldn't make out their face,  but I knew it was a guy. They sped off, leaving me on the street corner, alone. I got to my house and walked inside. I called my Mom to check in on her. Hello?  Mom,  how are you?  I thought you'd be back by now. "Sorry sweetie,  I didn't have time to call you.  I've been very busy with these designs,  my boss wants me to take a month leave to stay and finish this dress.  I'm sorry I can't be at home baby. U sure u don't need me at home? I can cancel. No mom,  It's okay. I'm doing fine.  "How's Jacob? Is he around? " I didn't want to lie,  but hurting my mom was not an option. Hes...  Great! Yeah,  real great. "OK,  I gotta go. Love You" ! She hung up. I just don't know What I'm going to do. My mom is going to freak if She knew about me being raped and near death. I threw my phone in frustration , and went to make some food in the kitchen. I looked in the fridge,  but Nothing appealed to me. The doorbell rang,  almost louder than my stomach grumbled. I went to answer,  and it was the mail man "Special delivery  , for Ty Iscandri.?" He looked very sexy. He was brown,  midheight with a blonde mohawk,  his work shirt sleeves rolled up,  showing his muscles. He looked good enough to eat. Literally. I felt my eyes shift. "Ma'am?" He looked up at me. "Woah . Your eyes are gold... I-Uh... " He stuttered,  his eyes engaged into mines, in a trance as my teeth grew longer....  "Shit" I really didn't know what was going on , but his neck started resembling all of my favorite foods...  I walked closer to him,  turning his head sideways,  and I bit down hard. He tasted like something I never had. It tasted good. I wanted more. I continued to drain him til He was empty. He dropped to  the floor , body cold and limp. I hovered over him,  my eyes turning again as a deep feeling came over me...  I started rising off the ground,  my mouth open wide,  his body lifted as well,  some sort of blue light transferred from him to me. I took his soul. I returned to the ground, and his body turned to dust , blowing away in the wind. I was the shit. I Am Queen Of Mastalya! Er....  Whatever that is....  . I went upstairs,  and saw Jacob on my bed. What are you doing here ? "I missed you. I went to stay with Ms.  Nostalgia for a few days to find out about Chresanto." What did you find out? He is alive.  She saved him about a year or two after me. He lives somewhere near this side of town,  but she doesn't know where exactly. She also said that people like the crazy creep  you encountered  are trying to turn him savage. I  have to find him before It's too late. I want to help. "No,  It's something I have to do alone " I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder. I'm going. You made me who I am and there's No going back. I want to help you find Chres. Let me please. He looked me in the eyes,  and for the first time,  his eyes lit gold. He held me in his arms,  pulled me close,  and kissed my lips. For that moment,  I forgot about everything that was happening. His hands grazed over my waist,  and He pulled away,  his teeth growing fangs. "What's happening to me? " I-I don't know. I think I... He groaned and slumped over. When He got back up,  his skin glowed like never before,  He smiled and said "Ty,  I think you turned me to a full Mastalyian . We are worse than vampires...  We take souls and rule over all of the underworld. The only way you can turned someone out is if you love them." He walked up to me and kissed me deep and passionately. He whispered "I love you too "