Chapter 2: The Boy Who Cried Akuma

On a traveling circus wagon

Allen and Alice hitch a ride on a circus wagon.

"Timcanpy!" Alice calls as Timcanpy is looking at a flower on the road. "Don't fly around so much. What we do of you get bitten by a cat again?"

Timcanpy flies toward Allen and rests on his head.

"What?" It is the clown. "You were bitten by a cat?" He asks. "I'm surprised you're safe."

"The cat had risen from the grave." Allen says.

"What?" The clown asks, but a bunny girl pushes him away.

"Did you two come here to do some sightseeing, travelers?" The bunny girl asks.

"No," Allen answers.

"Just going there to greet them..." Alice says.

Allen and Alice turn around and look at the bunny girl.

"To meet the Headquarters of the Exorcists!" Allen adds.

~Allen's nightmare~
Three months ago, somewhere in India

Allen and Alice are sitting on the ground in front of General Cross Marian, while Alice is holding a glass of water.

"Allen, Alice." Cross calls.

"Yes, Master." Allen and Alice replies and Alice begins to drink the water.

"It's been three years since both of you became my pupils. I think it's about time you go out on your own..." Cross says while shaking his wine glass. "From today on, you two carry the title 'Exorcist'." Both Allen and Alice look happy.

"Really!?" Allen asks.

"But to officially become an Exorcist, you must come with me to the Headquarters and greet the people there."

Alice then faints and drops the glass of water that had the sleeping powder in it.

"Alice!?" Allen calls surprised and Cross stands up with a hammer in his other hand.

"You do know where the Headquarter is, right?" Cross asks.

"...Yes?" Allen starts slowly go back up and Cross slowly takes steps toward Allen.

"I'll have my golem accompany you." Timcanpy flies around. "I'll even recommend you to your superior, Komui... When you wake up, go forth!" Cross says as Allen shudders.

"Don't tell me you're backing out of coming with us, Master!" Cross smiles a curved smile.

"I dislike Headquarters." Cross admits and Allen becomes unconscious.

~Reality~

"AH!" Allen wakes up with goose bumps.

"D... dreaming again... I still can't stop thinking about it..." Allen thought.

"What happened, Allen?" Alice asks. "You were moaning..."Alice adds. Before Allen could answer Alice, someone screams "Akuma" loudly. In the distance they can hear a boy shouting.

"It's an Akuma! You're gonna get killed-" The boy shouts.

"Wh-what!?" The clown comes out and asks. Then Allen and Alice look at each other and she nods.

"Thanks for the lift!" Allen says and the two jump off the wagon to the stone road with their suitcases.

"Oh my!" The clown says. They run toward the commotion.