Chapter 9: The Aria of the Land & the Clear Skies 3

Somewhere

Allen and Alice are carrying their comrades and they hear a song.

"A song... I can hear it..." Alice said

"A terribly beautiful melody. An artificial flower's lullaby." Alice thought.

Elsewhere

"Are you crying, Lala...?" Guzol asks. Lala looks at Guzol.

"That's a strange question to ask. Guzol." Lala states.

"I can hear something... something like... sadness..."

"Am I a doll..." Laka asks. "Guzol. Why did you lie about being a doll?" She asks.

Guzol didn't answers.

"I am a very... ugly human. I don't want you to be broken by strangers. Lala..." Guzol says. "Stay by my side. And when I die, let my hand be the one that breaks you..."

Lala goes toward Guzol and embraces him.

"Yes, Guzol. Lala is Guzol's doll." Lala states. "What will I sing next?"

Guzol shed a tear from his sealed left eye.

"I am ugly... an ugly... human..." Guzol stammers.

Then the two notice Allen and Alice standing nearby.

"Ah... sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but... you are a doll, aren't you?" Allen says.

Lala picks up one of the fallen support pillars in the room and throws it at Allen and Alice. They dodge it.

"UWA—H—!?" Allen screams.

Lala continues throwing pillars at them. Allen runs with Toma on his back. Alice who sets Kanda by a pillar.

"W–W–W–WAIT A MINUTE! CALM DOWN AND LET'S TAA–WAAA!" Allen goes to where Alice is and he sets Toma next to Kanda.

"Doesn't look like she'll listen..." Alice says.

Allen then bites his glove off and activates Cross. Lala throws the pillar towards Allen, but he caught it. Lala is surprised and Allen grins. He then throws it back towards her.

"HERE!" Allen shouts.

The pillar does not hit Lala, but hits and destroys the nearby others instead. Lala turns around her seeing the pillars being destroyed.

"EH!?" Lala said. "THE STONE PILLARS..."

Allen then picks the last pillar and holds it with Cross.

"There's nothing left for you to throw." Allen states. "Please tell us what's going on. I don't want to fight a cute girl." He smiles.

"Guzol is going to die soon! Until then, please don't separate me from him!" Lala pleads. "I'll give you my heart..." She adds.

Guzol sits on a piece of the pillar and Lala sits on his lap. Allen sits on the steps in front of them. Alice just finishes bandaging Kanda's and Toma's wounds. She stands up and walks toward them, sitting next to Allen.

"A long time ago, a human child cried in Martel." Lala starts.

~Lala's and Guzol's past~

"The villagers persecuted that child. He was abandoned in this city, where ghost were rumored to live." The present Lala says.

"Human... human... human... it's a human..." Old Lala says. "Boy... how about a song...?"