Chapter 8: The Aria of the Land & the Clear Skies 2

In the City of Martel

The false skin of the Level Two Akuma fades away as Allen's mirror image stabs him in the chest with its own Anti-Akuma Weapon, Cross. Allen looks at his mirror image.

"Me...?" Allen asks. "GUH... Damn!"

Allen swings back and attacks, but misses it.

"Hehehehe." Mirror Allen giggled. "I copied it. Your power..."

Mirror Allen's lover half of the body is the Level Two and the upper half is Allen.

"You underestimated me, didn't you?" It asks Allen who is shocked. "I'm at Level Two."

It stuck his tongue out at Allen.

"Unlike the ball-like Akuma, my abilities have been discovered. Well, actually, I just found out about them myself. And this is the evolved form of my ability... NOW I'LL KILL YOU!" It smiles widely.

The Level Two then contorts its pseudo-Cross into a trident-like weapon and attacks Allen again, throwing him through several buildings as its blood lust builds.

"AH~" It said. "IT FEELS SO GOOD!" It looks at its pseudo-Cross. "Hehe! I just got a great thing!"

The Level Two looks behind him and sees Timcanpy.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING AT!?" It asks Timcanpy while licking its lips.

In the building

Allen gets out of the pile of building pieces.

"Ouch." Allen groans. "What the hell was that...?" He asks.

"The moment– when the Akuma moved its hands... spear-like things shot out. If I didn't block with my left hand." Allen thought.

He then looks at his left arm and Cross is damaged.

"GAH!" he says. "NO– A WOUND! I'VE BEEN WOUNDED! KOMUI'S GONNA FIX IT AGAIN!" Allen screams. "I'm scared..." He mumbles at the thought of Komui.

Then Allen starts to hear some cracking sound.

"I wonder what that sound is..."

Suddenly, the ground beneath him breaks and he falls down the hole.

"EH!?" Allen said. "NO—!" He screams.

Down the hole, Allen managed to grab to something with Cross. It was a chandelier and it starts to sway back-and-forth.

"Oh?" Allen said teary. "WOAHAHOHOHOAH."

The chandelier stops and Allen looks down.

"What is this place?" He asks. "There's a big cave underneath the city..."

The chandelier breaks and Allen falls.

"UWA—!" He lands on the building pieces.

"OUCH!" Allen shouted in pain.

He then notices something to his right.

"This is..." He trails off.

Elsewhere

The child starts to tall Kanda and Alice that there is a large underground complex that the people of Mater build to escape the heat.

"An underground path?" Alice asks.

"To protect from the strong sunlight, there's an underground district below the city. It's like a maze, so if someone goes in without knowing their way, they'll get lost. But there's an exit that leads us through the cliff and out to the sea." The child explains. "The beast called 'Akuma' can fly... I think its best that we stay under ground." Kanda and Alice land on the ground in an alley.