Chapter 27: Signs and News of Cross Marian

In China

It's been four days since Allen, Lavi, Krory, and Alice regroups with Leenalee, Bookman and Timcampy. As the group of Exorcists walk through the streets, searching General Cross, Allen's Cursed Eye activates.

"Six of them." Allen thought as he activates Cross. 

"Lavi, Alice, please duck."

"Eh?" Lavi says as he looks at Allen and Alice moves away from them. Lavi's eyes widen when he sees Cross Beta in front of his face, ready to shoot. He quickly ducks the shot. "WHAAA!?"

The attack hits an Akuma and Allen continues to destroy them one after another while counting down how many are left. Once he says "one", the final Akuma appears behind him.

"HIBAN!" Lavi shouts as he destroys the last Akuma.

Once everything calms down, Lavi exhales a deep breath.

"Phew." Allen looks behind his shoulder and smiles.

"THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD WITH THIS. YOU'RE SCARY!"Lavi says to Allen. "YOU'RE FREAKIN' SCARIER THAT THE AKUMA!"

"Eh? What's wrong, Lavi?" Allen asks, confuse as to what Lavi is talking about.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO SHOOT WITHOUT WARNING!" Lavi shouts angrily.

"WELL, I COULDN'T HELP IT! I WANTED TO KEEP THE DAMAGE DOWN, EVEN JUST A LITTLE!" Allen shouts back.

Off to the side, Krory and Bookman are drinking tea from a nearby tea stand. Allen and Lavi continue to argue and Alice notices something is seen falling from the sky, heading towards to the bickering couple and Alice.

"ALLEN! LAVI!" Alice calls.

"WHAT!?" The two Exorcists yell.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!" Someone shouts from afar and the two quickly move. The two groans when the impact hit them a bit. Lavi and Allen see who came crashing from the sky and were a bit intimidated by who it was.

"I'm back," Leenalee says with a cat clinging on her arm. When Lavi and Allen don't answers and Alice stares at Leenalee with wide-eyes, she looks at them in confusion. "What are you three doing?"

"Welcome back, Miss Leenalee." Bookman says as he steps on Lavi's head. "How did it go?"

"Good! I caught it!" Leenalee responds as she peels the cat from her arm and shows it to Bookman with a wide smile. "Here! It hasn't even been eaten yet!"

In the cat's mouth is Timcanpy and it spits the golden golem out, then quickly leaves once release.

Ah- isn't that great, Tim?" Allen asks as Timcanpy flies to Allen and rests on top of his head.

"Without this little dude, we don't have a clue about which way we should be going..." Lavi says. "But, he's been well chewed..."

Alice looks at Timcanpy that is resting on Allen's head.

"Timcanpy, you be a little more careful too!" She scolds at Timcanpy.

Timcanpy didn't answers, he stays silence on Allen's head.

"Even so," Krory says. "How long is it going to take us to arrive at General Cross' location? We've been in mainland China for four days already. We went the way Tim directed up to go, but there's no sign or clue in sight." Then panic appears on Krory's face. "Could it be... that the General has already been killed...?"

"That guy doesn't die even if you kill him, you know." Allen assures.

"It's strange you can say that, Allen." Lavi says.