Awkward Encounters

Phil's POV

It has been a couple of hours since leaving the house, Dan and I went shopping for new anime's to bing watch and snacks to eat whilst watching them. Now we were on our way to a restaurant to have dinner.

I hummed the ending to a song watching the neighborhood roads stretch into long highways as we drove to the restaurant. Small neighborhood roads that were lit up with tall lampposts were now replaced with crowded city streets illuminated by shimmering billboards and buildings. I had never been downtown before considering my family wasn't the richest and lived in small apartments in the suburbs. The scenery was mesmerizing all of it having a dark tint to it originating from the windows of Dan's car.

We soon parked the car and got out walking down the crowded streets. Dan grabbed my hand pushing through bunches of people hurrying to get to their destinations. A bright light blinded me coming from what I assumed to be a club, blasting music so loud it could be heard down the street. Dan stopped in front of a door gesturing that this was the restaurant. The outside was painted with black chalkboard paint with streaks of pastel colors shading parts of it, obviously made by customers. A sign lay on the ground displaying the restaurants name and a basket full of pastel chalks identical to the one's drawn on the walls.

Dan grabbed one of the chalks and wrote something in blue shielding my eyes from seeing it. Once he finished he turned around making an overdramatic theatrical gesture with his hands. "Viola" he said. In blue chalk was a heart with the words Phan written in it. "How sweet" I said sarcastically clasping my hands together like a teenage girl, "I am one for cliché's"

Dan laughed bowing before leading me into the restaurant. The inside looked even better. Paper lanterns filled the ceiling all baring some type of cool color such as blue, purple, or green illuminating the otherwise dimly lit room. The restaurant gave off a very chill atmosphere as several college kids and young adults like Dan and myself were gathered in a large sitting area with couches and lounge chairs. You could barely tell this was a restaurant except for the fact that waiters dressed in no strict uniform walked around taking peoples orders and carrying dishes.

Dan and I sat on a couch away from everyone else to give us a little privacy. Once we sat down I immediately started looking through the menu, starving from all the shopping. Dan was obviously hungry too because he didn't waste anytime ordering the drinks and plate we had both agreed to share.

I twiddled with my straw taking small sips trying to fill the awkward void. Dan finally spoke up asking a random questions and me giving quick easy answers as if this was a speed date. Once the conversation steered towards more "deep" as some would say topics I noticed Dan would take more time to answer as if not wanting to state his opinion. He red puckered lips would stick out subconsciously and his eyes stayed glued to an object in the room as he thought.

After awhile our food arrived and I could see the small clouds of steam floating above the top. We dug right in, me taking small bites insecure about eating too much and looking fat.

"You sure you don't want anymore? " Dan asked eyeing me weirdly.

"Yeah I'm fi-" I told him cutting off mid-sentence when I heard the tiny bell in the door clink signaling that someone came into the restaurant. It was a man with a tall stature in a very expensive looking suit, looking to be in his late 30's. Once he got closer I almost choked on my food. Far away I couldn't tell who it was but up close I recognized him as my father.

"Phil? Phil?!" Dan whispered harshly as to not draw attention. "Huh wait wha-" I started to tell him before I saw my father walking towards our table. I ducked down pulling up my hoodie causing a confused expression to spread across Dan's face.

"Phil what are you doi-" "SHH!" I whispered to him coldly still keeping my eyes glued to the figure. Thankfully he didn't see me and walked past our table. I relaxed sitting back up still keeping my hoodie over my head in case he came back. "Phil what was that?" Dan asked still confused, "Do you know that guy? WILL HE HURT YOU?!" Dan said raising his voice an octave higher causing a few heads to turn. I slumped down in my seat embarrassed and told him he was no one and to forget it.

The rest of our meal was even more awkward than before, Dan and I quietly finishing our meal and paying. Once we were back in the car we began on our journey back to our house which would soon be abruptly interupted.....

Yah I came up with an idea and I had to write it down before I forgot it but after the next chapter probs still won't be writing for awhile.

Side note: I LOVE DODIE I JUST STARTED WATCHING HER AND IJFMJN n SHE'S SO SWEET AND HER VOICE IS NSJKFN jng